Hello from a French...

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lodein
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from a French...

Post by Lodein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:37 am

Hi all,

First, sorry for my English, because as it said in the title I am French but I’ll make some effort.

I join you because I have a Rover 827 Sterling Option pack. I am on a French Rover Forum, but this one is not very active and there is few Rover 800 (I think that we are less than 10 with a Rover 800, the other guys had some more new Rover (25 / 45 / 75)). So, I think that I’ll find more people with a Rover 800 on this forum and more information (And help if I need it, but I cross my finger, for the moment my Rover works very well)

So, I’ll talk about me. I live in Angoulême in Charente where we make the Cognac (and the Pineau des Charentes) and where there is “le circuit des remparts” (I’ll talk you about this later). I am 50 years old, married, two boys (20 and 18 years old). I love cars and more particularly the cars of the 80’s and 90’s. I am lucky to have different cars in addition to the Rover. I’ll talk you about my others cars in the good section later.

Now, I’ll talk a little about the story of my Rover 827 Sterling Option Pack, only a “little” because I’ll present it in detail in the good section later.
As I said, I have different “pleasure” cars, and clearly, I never thought to buy a Rover 800 but…
So, 2 years ago I discuss with a “friend” (Someone I know but not very well, I don’t know the word) about “old” cars, and he said that he wants to sell one of his grandfather’s car because he needs place for a new motorcycle. His grandfather had two cars, a Mercedes C and a Rover 827. His grandfather bought it new, and my friend had it at the death of his grandfather 4 years ago. He said that he wants to sell the Rover, and that it is in very good condition, had every years a service during the first 10 years (After the car was stopped in a garage), with few kilometres, it is a 2.7l without catalyser (So a 177 horse power), green, and he restarted the car 3 years ago (with a new belt an a big service) and it works very well (he makes 3000 km with it).

I like the Rover 800 and especially the 827 Sterling option pack. I knew a little the Rover 800 because the associate of my father had a Rover 827 Vitesse so I said : “I buy it” without seeing it and without the price (But I thought that the price will be good because the seller is someone very good). As he knows how I love and maintain my car, he said ok.

After been agree about the price (A very good one for me), I come to pick up the car and first I discover that it was a manual gearbox !!!. I never asked about the gearbox, because in France, the Rover 827 was delivered with an automatic gearbox and the manual gearbox was an option (Free, but few people takes this option) and the colour was not green but Stone Grey !!!. The car was in very good condition for its 29 years old (Only 5 little things, 2 on the front bumper, one in the left rear door, one on the mirror shell and one on the seat, but not visible at 1 meter) and everything is working except the air-conditioning, the tank level and the heating of the front seats. The car has only 109883 kilometres (68278 miles).

I’ll open a subject in the good section to show you pictures of the car.

Thanks to accept me in this forum.

Lodein
Rover 827 Sterling Option Pack 1989 (Non Cat / Manual)

mercedade
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello from a French...

Post by mercedade » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:46 am

Welcome Lodein!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. I love the variety of ways people find themselves owners of an 800. And you're right, there aren't many of us left now, even in the UK so I can't imagine just how rare an 827 must be in France.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am

Thank you for your welcome Mercedade

The pictures of my 827 and more détails will come soon...

Lodein

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:23 pm

mercedade wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:46 am
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
You can find some pictures and more informations about my Rover 827 here :
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14833

Lodein

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Welcome to the best Rover 800 information site available! :)
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Thank you for your Welcome Manalishi

Lodein

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Welcome - and relax, because your English is MUCH better than my French
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:01 am

Thank you for your welcome Richard Moss

Lodein

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:26 am

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about your English, it's fine as it goes.

Nice car and very rare too! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:37 am

Thank you for your welcome Scoobyh123

Lodein

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:49 pm

Welcome Lodein, interesting you are from Angouleme, I am from Bury a small town in the North West of England and our towns are twinned since about 1970, the main dual carriageway through Bury is Angeloume Way, have you similar there or do you just laugh at us sentimental Roast Beefs :)

Lovely MK1.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Lodein
Regular Visitor

Post by Lodein » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 pm

There is a boulevard de Bury in Angoulême, which is very known, because there is the social security building (CPAM de la Charente) and is near the "Champs de Mars", a big market place in Angoulême.
I know this boulevard, but I didn't know that the name came from your city, but I leave in Angoulême since only 14 years.

There is a lot of English people in Charente (More in the South and South East) and every years a lot of English come for the "Circuit des Remparts" (I will speak about this soon...).

Lodein