Hello

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mrtaximan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello

Post by Mrtaximan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi I have a 1998 820 si in Balero Red and Grey.I have owned this car since 2003 with no real problems except the usual dodgy switch packs and the SRS light.It also has the usual engine oil leak.I have just had problems with the remote not unlocking the car so I have to use the use the key access code.It just seems the car is not picking up the remote signal.The only clue I can give is that the car had not been used for a few weeks and was full of condensation.After jump starting the car and charging the battery all appeared to be well but then after a run the car would not unlock with the fob.I also have a known good spare and that did not work as well.This why I suspect a problem with damp or wireless receiver problem.Has anyone got any pointers on this problem please.
I have also owned in the past a MK11 825 that proved to be a superb long distance cruiser that done over 250 k with no real problems.These cars are very much underrated and disappearing fast.

Kind regards
Mark. :D

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi Mark, welcome.
Will it lock with the fob? or neither?
When you use the key does it throw all the locks?

As for your KV6 that must be an all time record without headgasket issues, was it a very late one?

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Mrtaximan

Post by Mrtaximan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm

It did lock with the fob with no problems even after being left standing for some time.I can unlock the car with the key but have to use the Key Access Code to start it.I can confirm both key fobs are working.It is if the car is not reading the signal.Very strange.

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 pm

It has been known for them to de-synchronize, but you can usually push one of the buttons several times in quick succession and it will re-sync. If you are sure the red and green lights are working(ie battery not flat in the fob)
There is a central locking fuse but if all the doors throw with the key then its not that.
Nobody could rule out damp after the weather we have had but it does seem strange all the same. Do you have any barcode labels in your manual wallet?

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Mrtaximan

Post by Mrtaximan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi,Thanks for your help.The key fobs are are fine all lights working with new batts to make sure.I think I still have the barcode for one remote.I will have a search in the morning.I will try the button trick you never know.My 825 was a diesel.Bloody good car except for Oil cooler pipes and starter motors jamming in mesh.Also the gearbox was a total swine to remove.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 pm

I kinda guessed it was an 825 DIESEL.

Welcome.
No longer an 800 owner!