New Member Looking To Buy A Vitesse Coupe

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
philhollings
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Member Looking To Buy A Vitesse Coupe

Post by philhollings » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Hello everyone, it's my first post so be gentle :)

I have been into Rovers for ages now but mainly SD1's and i currently have one in bits in the garage that is halfway through a resto.

Due to work commitments and having to do work to my home, the resto is on hold for now.

I was at the Rimmers SD1 spares day last year and an 800 coupe turned in Charleston Green and it looked fantastic - its probably owned by one of the members on here?

Anyway i want to buy and 800 coupe, preferably a Vitesse, to get me to the shows and have been to see a couple but they were not for me.

I have found one for sale and when i Googled the reg no , this site came up and i think it was previously owned by a member called squaddie.

It is R43 LOK and a Charleston Green Vitesse coupe. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

I have not been to see it as yet as it is quite a distance from me and the current owner is really nice but he doesnt know much about the cars history and he reckons that the car has been tweaked a bit so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about the cars history?

Thanks

Phil

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Member Looking To Buy A Vitesse Coupe

Post by SJG » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Welcome to the site, good luck with sourcing the coupe. They are lovely cars
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 am

Squaddiemodo (Chris) was on here - but he used the name InTheRover'Over' - he was into R8s and Metros at that time. Perhaps you could use the PM or email facility to contact him about it?

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5145

You may also be able to find info by searching for the registration at http://www.rovertech.net
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:14 am

Welcome
R43 LOK was built at the beginning of October 1997 and registered on the 28th of that month. Being the readily available but relatively rare Charleston Green it was probably built to order hence the short time between build and sale. Its classed as a 1998 model year car.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Bert3
Regular Visitor

Post by Bert3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 am

They're not that rare :wink: - There's been a '96 Charleston Green coupe with lapsed MOT/Tax doing the rounds of the small ads for ages (think it's down to around £600 now) but that had private plates on it (FIG 7422) ........ from memory also had some patch welding done to sills that hadn't been ground back.......