New Member but not to 800's

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
timmyteapot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Member but not to 800's

Post by timmyteapot » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Guys and girls.

Been a Citroen and Rover man for many years, Ive owned a 79 SD1 V8'S' for 16 years and worked for MGR for 5 years before they went bust, back then we were still were selling 800's off the forecourt and took alot of older ones in part exchange against 75's, I smoked a 92K 827 Sterling part exchange for a while as I liked it so much.

In the family we have had 200/25/45 etc and lots of BL stuff before then and my mum still has a battered (by her) 25 which I bought nearly new in 2004 as an ex management car.

A few of my mates have 800's, two Mk1 827's and a stunning (1998 S) late Vitesse fastback in nightfire red (dmcrobin on here), ive always like their plush interior when Rover really knew how to do it before they started cost cutting so when a very cheap (very) 1 owner plus Avis 820Si 4 door auto in Oxford Blue with 63'000 miles came in part exchange at work (I work for motor dealer) I thought why not.

A few weeks ago I took my friends Vitesse to pride of longbridge as my Sd1 was off the road and it reminded me of how much I liked these old barges. :D I had a 825 SLD turbo 10 years ago which I bought for £75

Its a 1999 T with a full history which has been well cared for by an old boy but has the usual "giffer" marks on the bumpers which have been touched up with a yard brush (in the right colour at least) and it seems hes washed it with fairy liquid and a brillo pad!. I'm more of polisher/detailer than a mechanic so will be getting her fully mopped and sort as many of the small marks out and the grey interior although mint is a little grubby.

Ive already changed the faded orange side repeaters for some oe smoked ones and as the tyres are all low would ideally like some 17" Vitesse alloys as I think they really set the car off (if you have any for sale for sensible money let me know :wink: )

She went through the MOT yesterday with just a £15 track rod end needing changing although the tyres are rear pads are getting low.

Im just about to head off for a weeks holiday so will be changing the rear pads, filters, oil and plugs when I get back and getting craking on the paintwork etc.

Everything works including the windows, A/C, roof ect but the drivers speaker is stuffed and buzzes like mad

Pictures to follow

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Member but not to 800's

Post by SJG » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site!
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

timmyteapot

Post by timmyteapot » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Just found a picture of me and my cousin standing next to Robins Vitesse at POL (im the one with receeding hair and glasses and the blue shirt!)

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome to the forum, Tim. Sorry about the delay in activating your account
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT