Hello from Texas! (1991 Sterling 827SLi)

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
decalservice
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from Texas! (1991 Sterling 827SLi)

Post by decalservice » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:25 am

Good evening folks!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I just recently bought Russell's 827SLi from Oregon. I've had a strange obsession with these cars since I was 17 and bought my first one. ('89 SL)

Of course, they had to potential to be healthy and gorgeous like my SL was back in '94 when I bought it but the older they get, the more brittle everything gets.

Since then I've owned about ten of them, Everything from an early Si to a later SL.

This is my first SLi. Car runs and drives fine but I notice a small shake and general unease when pushing speeds over 70. I remember my old Sterlings handling much better but then again this is a 23 year old car. I can't complain too much. Perhaps an alignment and new struts will sort it out.

However, there is no overheating to speak about and the A/C works as well as all the little electronics that can drive one insane, so all in all this is a great starting point. A little elbow grease and TLC, a little leather dye, some meticulous engine degreasing and she will look on par with the cleanest Sterlings in the U.S.

Just wanted to say hi! I'll undoubtedly be picking some minds here, but I will be glad to reciprocate any way I can. I am a car collector and own a car lot here in Texas. I specialize in rarer cars, not neccessarily exotics, but mostly very clean to mint "oddball" cars.

I also run a small sign shop and cater to car clubs, providing decals and restoration vinyl. I'm active on several forums, including turbobricks.

Best regards and thanks!
Rod

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Hello from Texas! (1991 Sterling 827SLi)

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 am

decalservice wrote:I'm active on several forums, including turbobricks.

Best regards and thanks!
Rod
Without even looking, that HAS to be for Volvos :)
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

decalservice
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by decalservice » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 am

You would be correct, sir!

=)

Good catch

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Post by TheVDM » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 am

Welcome to the forum, it looks to be a really nice car in the making going by the pictures in the other thread.
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 am

Welcome to the forum
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello and welcome
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

decalservice
Regular Visitor

Post by decalservice » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks to all! So far I've found some kind and responsive users here. I have a solid history of electrical troubleshooting and would be glad to help in any regard. The 800 however is quite a beast. Quite far ahead of its time, too far in fact - for lucas. I've encountered maladies of the most bewildering nature during my stay with my Sterlings. Good thing I like a challenge. Ill be glad ot help if I can. Cheers and thanks!

Thomas J
Regular Visitor

Post by Thomas J » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum we have the best minds from the 800 world on here. Would you be able to get some photos of your car up including interior(I think you have the funny seat belt mechanisms over there). The 800 is a lovely beast and a reliable one to boot. I wish you all the best regards Thomas
i want lots of british cars got 1 want more