Hello from Sunderland

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Malc567
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello from Sunderland

Post by Malc567 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:34 am

Hi, good to find this group. I have run my 800 (1999 standard) since 2005 and put on over 100,000 miles, but the end is now in sight. Tax runs out at the end of the month, and MoT expires in early Nov., and the list of work is now longer than my arm. Keeping the car going has had its moments, with about 5 flywheels, new key fob immobiliser system (the reclaimed one from a 1995 model improved the performance), clutch, belts, etc etc, interesting connection fault that sent the temperature gauge into rev counter mode, but its all coming to an end. I have a deal thrashed out with a local end of life breaker who will store the car for a few months while it is picked over, so will be open to enquiries at the end of October for anything that could be useful. I have just replaced the complicated pipe that sits at the base of the radiator and connects to the coolant system (still had the original part sticker on) but the header tank is leaking gently despite copious quantities of superglue. New radiator early this year too. Air con has not worked for 2 years. It still runs well - I have just done the London round trip - so before the tax expires could even take it to someone who needs it! And now the positive side - I have to have another! However, they are scarcer that hens teeth up this way, so would be prepared to travel.

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello from Sunderland

Post by Charles827si » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:29 am

Hello and Welcome. Which model is your car? I ask because I have also replaced some of these items you mention including the power steering oil cooler pipe under the rad on my Mk1 827. Perhaps the best bet would be to find an 827, but these are getting rare as more people seek these.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Welcome to the forum - I'm sure that we can find you one
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi Malc,

You aren't too far from me and will probably qualify as my forum neighbour. Might have one for sale too :mrgreen:
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

Malc567

Post by Malc567 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 am

Hi, thanks for the replies.

The car is a standard 800 petrol 2l with no refinements. It now has 164,000 on the clock (this morning actually). I will post further details on the car section including chassis and engine number etc.

Good to hear from a near neighbour too!

regards
Malcolm