New owner of a coupe

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johneh
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New owner of a coupe

Post by johneh » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,
It really is time I introduced myself. I work offshore & live in Co Durham & France, I’ve had a major birthday this year & decided to buy myself a present; it was either a coupe or a 75 V8. About 14 years ago I looked at a couple of coupes but neither were in good condition & the surface rust on the underside of one put me off looking further, it must have been a bad ‘un & anyway I was thinking of a 600.
After spending about 3 months looking for a coupe & taking advantage of the advice etc on these forums I’ve bought one. The colour is Charleston green & was built in ’98, I was originally looking for a red or blue car but as soon as I saw this colour changed my mind, also my 200 coupe is nightfire red. Considering the age it’s in quite good condition, bodywise apart from a few small dints (easy sorted) the n/s wing could do with replacing. All the electrics work but I will be replacing the radio as I had forgotten how little space 800s have, for CDs etc. I’m hoping that someone has upgraded the ice & I’ll be checking the forum. A towbar is to be fitted as soon as possible as I have need of a trailer.
It was advertised on ebay & car & classic so no doubt some will have seen it. It looks as good in real life as in the photos & drives better than my 75, the sound of that V6 is like music compared to the BMW diesel of my tourer.
As soon as I bought the car I drove to France where the car will be for a couple of months.
I’ll be looking for a good n/s wing so if anyone has one.
Cheers
John.

825 white gold coupe, 825 charleston green coupe (parts car), 825 saloon.
216 coupe (sorn).
Prev- 820 fastback. 75 tourer.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New owner of a coupe

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Sounds smoooooth

If you need a near side Coupe wing, get in touch. Send me a Private Message.
No longer an 800 owner!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:24 pm

I think this was posted on the site, it sounds lovely, hopefully you will be able to post some pictures and keep us updated. Welcome to the forum.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 pm

is it this one

or this one

Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

johneh

Post by johneh » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:59 am

Hi,
It's the second one, I was tempted to look at the first one but the short mot and the 2l engine put me off. If it came up now I would be tempted to get it for spares, but that would be another one gone.
Cheers
John.

216 coupe (sorn).

johneh

Post by johneh » Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Hi all,
I had an accident on Thursday & it looks as though the car will be written off, however we are okay which is the most important.
I''ve started looking for a replacement already so if anyone has a good coupe for for sale please email me.
When I bought the car about 10 months ago there was also a 2l Charleston green coupe on ebay. I passed comment above. Does anyone know the whereabouts of this one?
Cheers
John.

216 coupe (sorn).

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun May 03, 2015 11:05 am

Don't let the insurers take the car. Keep it for those valuable spares.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5