Hi Just joined Need some help re a repair manual

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Roffers
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi Just joined Need some help re a repair manual

Post by Roffers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:51 am

Hi,
first of all thank you for letting me join what looks like a great club! I have just retired from the police and I have bought a 1998 Rover 825 Sterling. Please could someone tell me which manual I should buy for this car, as I see the Haynes only covers up to 1996 I think. Are there any Rover manuals available? I would just like to add I spent a lot of my early days in the police in the 2600 as our area car in Twickenham and took part of my driving course and final drive in an 827! Great days great cars! I look forward to hearing from you.

Alan ROFFEY

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: Hi Just joined Need some help re a repair manual

Post by BlueRover » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:59 am

Welcome.
I don't think there's much difference after 1996 as that's the year the revisions on the 800 series ended. As long as you make sure it covers the KV6 engine you should be ok.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:55 pm

Downloadable manuals are available on this forum - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9417

Don't know if they cover everything for your model, but well worth a browse. I have a pretty low opinion of Haynes manuals. Also bear in mind that manuals will recommend replacing alot of parts that are no longer available The how-to guides posted by members on here and other places on the web often feature get-arounds when something is unobtainable.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

Roffers

Post by Roffers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Thank you all for your help. When I get a chance I will try some of your ideas. I agree about the Haynes manual by the way.

Thanks again

Alan