Hi all, so..

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bigsimon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hi all, so..

Post by Bigsimon » Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 pm

I had a few 800's years ago, an 820 fastback. an 820 saloon, 825 saloon and a lovely 1990 vitesse manual and have hankered after another for a while now.
So up popped a 99 vitesse in a fetching shade of moss, mud and bird poop :shock: I just needed to get it home :roll:
I looked at it and despite it sitting around on and off for 5-6 years and a couple of flat tyres, it didn't seem too bad...So, just blow the tyres up, fluid check etc, check the lights work, de poop the glass, clean the discs and calipers and see if anything looks ready to bend/break/fall off or otherwise be a liabilty I booked it in for an MOT, insured it and set off.
Two minutes later and the wipers are sat halfway across the screen and the motors whirling away, but all seems well (i had let it idle for 20 minutes and tootled around the lane), it's only 15 miles....until the diversion that took me ten miles back the wrong way :roll: Its still rolling, the mrs hasn't had to dodge vacating body parts or stray wheels yet and all seems well.
It drives so well, even with tyres that look like they've been on since the days of Britpop and we got back too late for the mot and with a blowing exhaust, but no smoke, steam or excitement apart from the big nut behind the wheel it was a great 46 miles :P
I will try and post a few before/after piccies....if i knew how :?

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hi all, so..

Post by SJG » Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Welcome to the forum Simon, here is a link for posting pictures

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7055
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 am

Welcome, Simon
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Welcome too.
The wipers on the Mk2 are pretty reliable when compared to the Mk1 cars. At least there's a proper securing nut on the connector whereas the Mk1 is just a ball and socket and a hope it stays put for a while.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Tue May 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Welcome, look forward to some more pics. Keep us updated with any progress
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback