New owner from belgium

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
carphius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New owner from belgium

Post by carphius » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:53 am

Hi everyone!

since I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this forum , I'll quickly introduce myself and my recently acquired rover.

I'm a 31 y/o car enthousiast living in the Antwerp area and have always fancied cars from the 80's and 90's area. Especially luxury saloon models.

1 week ago I purchased a '99 rover 820 si in an Oxford Blue / cream leather colour setting. I fell in love right away. It's a 1 owner car that was
offered online by the widow of the recently deceased owner , an 85 y/0 man who put only 90000 kms (60000 miles) on it. A steal if you ask me
since I only payed 1000 euro's for it. For this I got a luxurious 1 owner vehicle with full maintenance history and new MOT, nearly new timing belt (9000 km),
new tires (6000 km's) and recent oil change. The lady also insisted that I talked to the owner of the garage that took care of it all these years.

In spite of this amazing deal, it has a lot of the 800 series issues. ABS light comes on ones in a while, SRS light does the same, rough idle , leaky head gasket, faulty windows, sticky accelerator, ...

Since the car has only been driven about 3000 km's/year for the last 5 years it wil need a good service and some TLC

Some pics of the interiour cleaning and the car

kind regards, Tim

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New owner from belgium

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello from the neighboring Netherlands ;)

That is a pretty example suitable to it's surroundings. ;)

Welcome to the forum.
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

stunning car in one of the best colour combinations - welcome
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Welcome Tim, at least nothing serious to worry about, I think most of us on here have had the same list of faults :roll:

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

carphius

Post by carphius » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:39 pm

cheers!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Welcome to the forum
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Welcome! Interesting you chose to post photos of those extremly salubrious seats - what a difference too. Car looks like very content sitting on your drive too. Realy is a modern classic.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

carphius

Post by carphius » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks! The final result is even better, after applying the conditioner am the cracks disappeared. If the weather permits , I'm starting up the Rotary polisher this week.