New members

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New members

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

We have had quite a few new names come on here quite recently and I was just wondering if that was from the extra publicity generated surrounding the new club?

Perhaps some of the more recent regulars could let us know if this was the case to get a handle on the effect the new club is having.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New members

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Could be - there were quite a few sign up at the NEC and as you know the website points to rover.info for anyone who wants to use a forum.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

carphius

Post by carphius » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Speaking on my behalf : I used google for more in depth information and diy guides to optimize the car. This is something I tend to do when buying a vehicle. This forum showed to be the most active.

DJScoots

Post by DJScoots » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I found the forum through searching for Rover 800 issues on Google.

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Welcome to you both. This forum probably, in fact almost definitely, has the most knowledge on the 800 series. Two members on here have pretty muched owned every 800 ever built (ok, a slight exaggeration there) but one no longer has any cars at all and another has moved on to other marques. There are, however, many of us left who can offer advice if problems arise.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

carphius

Post by carphius » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:08 pm

A warm welcome it is! Being from an other country I wil not be a valuable club member but I'm eager to be an active member on the forum and will contribute where I can