My Introduction

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

gyrobird
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Introduction

Post by gyrobird » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Yes, the dreaded 825 KV6.

What a failure and costly mistake.

I have read so many stories and seen so many adverts stating this issue and even bought one my self a few years back to find I had been mugged.

A relative bought one too and the same thing happened with that one too soon after. :evil:

I will be steering well clear of one of those.

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:58 pm

gyrobird wrote:i wonder how many of the 800's still out there are in the ownership of people that just treat them as their daily transport opposed to how many are actually in the ownership of an enthusiast.
In my case it's a bit of both worlds. I certainly consider myself an enthusiast and care for my car as well as I can, but it is also my daily and as such if you saw it on my drive today, filthy inside and out, you'd assume it was waiting for the scrapper. Under the grime it's fine and once the roads are less muddy round here, it'll get back up to standard.

It comes off the road occasionally for fettling jobs, but from the moment I bought it, I always intended it to be a driveable project.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 pm

gyrobird wrote:Yes, the dreaded 825 KV6.

What a failure and costly mistake.

I have read so many stories and seen so many adverts stating this issue and even bought one my self a few years back to find I had been mugged.

A relative bought one too and the same thing happened with that one too soon after. :evil:

I will be steering well clear of one of those.

A wise move! That said the later versions (post 2001 or was it 2003) seem to be ok. Then again Land-Rover did a lot of development work in the time between the 800 gaining the KV6 and that point.
traineefarmer wrote:
gyrobird wrote:i wonder how many of the 800's still out there are in the ownership of people that just treat them as their daily transport opposed to how many are actually in the ownership of an enthusiast.
In my case it's a bit of both worlds. I certainly consider myself an enthusiast and care for my car as well as I can, but it is also my daily and as such if you saw it on my drive today, filthy inside and out, you'd assume it was waiting for the scrapper. Under the grime it's fine and once the roads are less muddy round here, it'll get back up to standard.

It comes off the road occasionally for fettling jobs, but from the moment I bought it, I always intended it to be a driveable project.
With the amount of rain we get and the roads round your neck of the woods, i'm amazed you ever do manage to get it clean and keep it that way! That said, whenever i've seen it, it's always looked pretty clean.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!