Yet another newbie......Hi

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Robs820
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Robs820 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks Brian. If ever I see another 800 around here I give it a quick flash of the lights and a little wave or some form of recognition. Very rarely get it back though......although that probably has more to do with the fact that I've only seen 2 or 3 around here since I bought it. One is a local car on a P reg piloted by a woman who has obviously had several bumps as it is very tatty. Had a lovely silver vit sport fastback following me by epsom downs yesterday, and he acknowledged me with a thumbs up when he pulled up next to me at a set of lights. Do you get recognition from other 800 owners?
All the best
Rob
Rover 820 fastback (T reg) in metallic charcoal
Rover 420SLi saloon (K reg) in Ocean Blue (Gave up it's cylinder head to keep the 800 going....R.I.P)
Rover 820 Sterling auto (R reg) in Willow Green

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun May 15, 2011 9:24 am

Unfortunately I don't get any recognition from strangers. It has been discussed on here before, that unlike bikers who nod or wave at other bikers, most 800 drivers don't seem to acknowledge each other. One or two have looked at me very strangely, mind you most peeps do anyway :lol: It may be, that with the amount of traffic around, people just don't realise it is an 800 flashing or waving at them, just a flash from an oncoming car. But, keep it up, and, hopefully, I'll flash back :D
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 am

oh, btw, keep yaself over to Norman Park on the 12th June for the Bromley Pageant of Motoring. Several of us will be on the 800 Owners Club stand spreading the word, and celebrating 25 years of the 800 8) Don't know if there will be any spare places on the stand, but there is always the 'One Make' line up, gets the car, driver and passenger in cheap, and you get a little commemorative plaque.
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable