New to the forum, from doncaster

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Adam_93rio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New to the forum, from doncaster

Post by Adam_93rio » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi everyone, I'm rubbish at this sort of thing but thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

My name is Adam and I'm from Doncaster. Although I'm young I'm a fan of only older cars (mainly British). My first car was a mini which I rebuilt from scratch, I have another mini sat in a garage awaiting a similar resto. I've also owned a mk3 golf and an Austin maestro. The maestro has been sold to make way for my new car...

A good friend of mine had bought this car and only drove it for a few months before deciding it was daft for him to run so many cars. So he has sold it on to me...

It's an N registered (1996?) rover 820i vittesse sport. It's a little bit modified in subtle ways but also needs a couple of things sorting before I want it on the road.

Well that's me, here's a couple of pictures of the rover. And of the mini of anyone is interested

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: New to the forum, from doncaster

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:55 am

Welcome to the forum
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 pm

welcome to the forum Adam
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Adam_93rio

Post by Adam_93rio » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am

Cheers guys! Hope you like my cars.
The main reason I joined was because I was having a bit of trouble with my 820, it seems the srs fault I'm getting after a dead battery is a common fault, and also could be an mot failure now.
The light 'tries' to go out but just flickers instead

Mike2012

Post by Mike2012 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi Adam,

Did you finally find a solution to your SRS trouble? I've got the same on my 820si, due to a flat battery too.

If you found it, please tell me how to sort it out (apart from taking the car to a Rover delaer, which no longer exists in Spain.

Thanks

Regards,

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello and welcome
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's