lowering kit

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

lowering kit

Post by midnite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 pm

guys anyone got either v6 lowering springs or a whole kit inc shocks
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: lowering kit

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:19 am

If you want to go mad and buy new, they're about halfway down on this page for the 800 V6 :

http://www.moto-build.com/lowering_springs.html

Also look out for some Vitesse Sport front and rear anti roll bars including the D bushes - those alone are well worth having to transform the handling without compromising ride quality. They were also fitted to 825 diesel models as well and someone a little bit north from you is breaking an 825SD in the For Sale section.

Just FYI, the front ARB is 25/26mm (i think it's an inch, opinion varies as to whether it's 25 or 26mm) and the rear is 21mm thick.
The standard fit on your SLi will probably be 19mm front and 14mm rear so it will wallow like a pregnant elephant on roller skates compared to how the Vit Sport/Diesel/Police spec ARBs perform.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:41 pm

can highly recommend the upgraded antiroll bars.. way better handling.. not sure about moto-build though.. maybe a bit biased on that one.. :oops: regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alucard7002 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 am

scoobyh123 wrote: so it will wallow like a pregnant elephant on roller skates compared to how the Vit Sport/Diesel/Police spec ARBs perform.
:lol:

Also check tyre pressures.

As you can cope with a harsher ride (if your lowering an 800 be prepared for the crashiest/jittery ride of your life and wave goodbye to your bump stops on the front) up the pressures by a fair bit - reduces sidewall rollover significantly and helps massively with the whole feel of the car.

34psi all round on 16" wheels is a good starting point - be aware it depends on tyre brand/quality/type

Thinner sidewall tyres (like the god awful Rainsport 2's I had) are horrible at anything below 40psi (I used to run them at 51psi - the max rated for the tyre)

Eldest brothers MX5 on Toyo R888 track tyres ran quite happily with all but one at 28psi - one at 7psi "pulled a little to the left" no visible flat appearance thanks to the monstrous sidewall stiffness! :shock:

I'd personally recommend Michelin Pilot Sports for daily use and abuse (500 treadwear) or if you are more adventurous (and if you can get a hold of them) Falken Azenis RT615K but at only 200 treadwear they probably won't last that long if you use the available grip
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B