Belt tensioner and pulley for 825 Diesel

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Belt tensioner and pulley for 825 Diesel

Post by tonewheeldude » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 pm

The Diesel Coupe has a mackled up belt tensioner and now the bearings in the pully are going. I remember someone saying they had one...cant remember who though. Anyway, on the look out for one. Darren
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

stanker
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Belt tensioner and pulley for 825 Diesel

Post by stanker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Darren

I have a new belt tensioner and new bearing for the pulley, do you have a spare arm and leg?

Regards

Ian

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 am

or as Adam said to God when asking for a mate....what do I get for a rib?

How much do you want Ian?

stanker
Regular Visitor

Post by stanker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:43 am

Hi Darren

Only what it cost me, plus £10.00 post and packaging, £175.80p

Regards

Ian

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Thanks Ian - to be honest its more than I was hoping to pay...but if I get stuck then I know where you are :)

stanker
Regular Visitor

Post by stanker » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Darren

I was somewhat less polite when my local Rover dealer gave me the quote, it took me two weeks to get over the shock, they quoted me £564.00 to do the job, with parts and labour, the tensioner was £134.00 plus vat, the pulley was £64.00 plus vat.

After taking the old tensioner and pulley off the car, I discovered the pulley has a sealed unit centre bearing, held in with a circlip, so you only need to replace the bearing, not the complete pulley.

I couldn't get out of paying full price for the tensioner and taking it somewhere slightly less expensive to get it fitted, however, about 12 months later I saw another tensioner on eBay for £100.00 including vat and postage, so I bought it to keep as a spare, you can have that one for what I paid for it, plus £10.00 postage, if you want me to send you the centre bearing, the whole package will be £120.00.

Regards

Ian

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks Ian. I guess that why my car has a "manually adjustable" tensioner :)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 am

You could also try either a Jeep or Alfa Romeo dealer Darren - both use the VM250.4 diesel lump or possibly ebay. Unless of course you have any Italian friends who happen to have relatives near the VM Fattori in Italia. :wink: :D

Make sure your translation is spot on though as god only knows what you might end up with otherwise! :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!