Wanted, Rear Bumper for a Rover 800 Hatchback

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Wanted, Rear Bumper for a Rover 800 Hatchback

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 pm

The short answer Fred is no for the simple reason the front fogs rot from the moment they are fitted to the car due to poor design.

As such there are few, if any, decent second hand units available. :cry:

However new ones are available without paying Rimmers prices :

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/fog-lig ... 67552.html

Don't worry that they are only listed as fitting the Renault 21 - they also fit the Renault 5 and the Rover 800! :D

Obviously that makes them £64/pair. I'm currently working on some brackets and other small mods to fit a pair of Ring Microline front fogs on my coupé which are about £25/pair and give a much better beam than the OE Cibié/Valeo front fogs fitted to the 800. If you don't mind waiting a while i'll put the details of the brackets etc on a thread sometime soon.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Great news, well for me anyway, I've got my replacement Bumper on, the guy that put it on has done a great job, the only thing, the Bumper will need a spray, but, what a great guy, he says if I get the paint, he'll spray both back and front bumpers to match for me, and all it'll cost is a box of cream cakes, he's just pleased he could help me, just goes to prove there is very decent people out there, as well as on here, some people so helpful, and it was appreciated
The other good news is, I've got a pair of front fogs for £25 plus postage, and that to me is a fair deal, so it wont be long till my wee Rover 800 pride and joy will soon be back to it's good looking self, which will please both me and the Wife, who broke her heart when she saw the damage, she actually blamed herself for the damage, saying if she hadn't got ill, the bump would never have happened, I'll tell you, if ever the Cops get the git that did the hit and run, I'll hit and run them

Anyway, thanks for the support and kind words everyone, especially Dave, much appreciated
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Glad everything is coming together for you Fred! :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable