Wanted, Rear Bumper for a Rover 800 Hatchback

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Wanted, Rear Bumper for a Rover 800 Hatchback

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

That's true enough Dean but the black probably wouldn't notice too much - certainly not as much as a missing or damaged bumper!

Might help both of you out that way?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Good news about my Wife, she's reacting very well to the IV and Oral Antibiotics, and when she's off the oxygen mask, her unassisted oxygen levels are starting to come back up, the Doctors are very pleased with how she's progressed, which is great news, only thing is, she's taken it on herself that it's her fault the car got hit, she says if she hadn't got unwell, the car would never have been hit, I've tried telling her it wasn't her fault, but I think I'm losing the argument, just shows what kind of great Wife I have got

On the car, thank you Scooby for the idea about the bumper with the black top, which I'm happy about, is it making the car too out of place though, and, if I were to put on a black top bumper on the back, would it not be an idea to put the same coloured bumper on the front, just to match them up.

There is good news about fitting on any replacement bumper, I've got a mate who's got a mate who's got a body repair shop and has agreed to help me out, he thinks what's happened with the hit and run at the Hospital is disgusting, so has agreed to help, so all I now need, is a bumper.
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:20 pm

I've got the opposite problem Fred - i've got to put a completely coloured bumper on the front of my coupé as mine was hit just before xmas. I wasn't in a hospital car park, just parked on double yellows using my blue badge too.

I think Dean has both bumpers and from what i remember of them, they are both in nice condition - the big problem will be getting them to you i would think as he's in London somewhere.

Excellent news on your wife, definitely not her fault the car was hit! It's the fault of the muppet that can't drive and nobody elses!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:38 pm

My front bumper needs respraying anyway, after gits did the front corners in Tesco's car park, the front corners were slightly scuffed, so it needs a complete professional respray, my son in his infinite "wisdom", huh, I should cocoa, did a patch job with a spray can, so I'd just be happy to get an undamaged bumper, and then I can decide which one, front or back to respray
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:59 pm

You never know Fred - you might prefer the "black top" bumpers. :wink: :D I know i do as it gives a "separation" from the body, more like a traditional bumper.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:15 am

Hello Folk's,
I've got the offer of a rear bumper in the colour I need for £50 plus £20 delivery + the usual vat, your advice would be greatly appreciated, does this sound like a good deal, I'm seriously tempted
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:38 am

That doesn't sound too bad Fred but it all depends how you look at things. When you consider it's already the right colour and will save the cost of getting it painted it makes it seem that much cheaper.

Obviously you still have the cost of getting it fitted so anything you can save will be helpful. Maybe if you speak to the seller and explain the situation they may be willing to lose the VAT for you or at least part of it - worth a shot!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I've thought things over, and I'll order up the bumper on Tuesday when I get my pension in, I suppose it cant be too far off the same colour, and, I've got a mate who's got a mate in the panel beating business, and my mate says I've had enough to go through this past while, he'll get his mate to put the replacement on free of charge, it's great having decent mates, so hopefully the car will be back to rights in the next week or so, thanks for all your advice and help, and, your kind words while my Wife has been so ill, your words were really appreciated
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 am

Hi Folk's, Fred's still in need of a Rear Bumper for his Rover 800 in British Racing Green, been let down, so, if anyone has got, or knows someone who has a Bumper, even one that is half and half colour wise, let me know, I need to paint the front Bumper on my car anyway, so I'll make them match, I'll make any arrangements for a courier pick up, cheers.
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 am

Deano can probably help out Fred - his is BRG Pearlescent but i think it's about the nearest you'll get unless someone has a pair of BRG bumpers in good condition.
I last saw his bumpers back in about November time and they were in good condition then, as far as i know the car hasn't moved since, certainly not been driven anyway! :wink:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Have to say a big thank you Dave for your efforts, but I got some good news not that long ago, a mate has found me a bumper, and it's the right colour as well, my mate also organised that I'll have it in a couple of days, (hopefully), and all going well, I'll have it fitted the start of next week and my wee motor will be back to normal, but again, thanks Dave, and everyone else for all your help, it's been very much appreciated
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Good news. Also, don't get ripped off by the person fitting it. It's two bolts holding the bumper to the crash cans and 4 screws for the wheel arch covers. Then it slides off and the new one slides on. Replace the clips in the side brackets and replace the covers, screws etc and it's on. Shouldn't take a mechanic or keen amateur more than 30 mins all in.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 pm

I'll tell you one thing, when the car is sorted, I'm fitting a couple of camera's to it, I've been thinking about it for long enough, and if I had fitted them when I had the idea, the git that did the hit and run would have been caught out, so, once bitten and all that
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Don't blame you Fred! I'm seriously thinking of cameras on mine as well for various reasons.

Hope everything goes well for you with the new bumper! :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Dave, you wouldn't know someone with a set of front Fogs they don't want or no longer need, I'm not getting much luck to the ad I place on another thread
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback