SRS Connector

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zcar
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SRS Connector

Post by zcar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:56 pm

To assist with my special rewiring of the SRS on my 827 I am in desparate need of the connector shown below. It sits behind the dash and connects to the rear of the instrument binnacle. Its a long shot but I cant see where else Id get one..... (Picture heavy...)

And it fits into this:-

I dont suppose anyone has saved one when theyve been breaking a car??? :?: :?: :?:
Nick

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: SRS Connector

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't think i saved one when i scrapped the remains of the KV6 i bought last year for breaking Nick but i'll have a look for you.

Alternatively, if you cut the outer sheath and peel it back to expose the wires inside, you can cut the wires and join your 8 second timer relay in. With the "car" ends of the wires you cut, wrap some insulation tape round the ends to insulate them, fold them back on themselves and secure with more tape. This also means you can rejoin the wires later if you ever want to.

If i can't find that connector and you still want to go down the route of a separate connector, you could try searching for "Amphenol" connectors, however it's on a 20+ year old car and i know they've updated their connectors fairly regularly so you may not have any luck but it looks like an Amphenol product.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

zcar
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SRS Connector

Post by zcar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks Dave. You'd be a real star if you had one!

Id rather unplug the existing and use a replacement if I can.

We use Amphenol stuff at work so I will have a dig about when Im back on site later this week.