Mk 1 89 Vitesse parts wanted

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jonn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mk 1 89 Vitesse parts wanted

Post by jonn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I am restoring a BRG 1989 Vitesse Hatchback and need a few parts if anyone can help or point me in a direction that might be able to that would be great ,

1 Rear hatch colour doesn't matter
2 Glove box lid (grey)
3 passenger side NS dash wood trim
4 Center council (gear-lever) wood trim manual car
5 Sunroof complete if possible

Probably need more as I go along

Many thanks

Jonn

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Mk 1 89 Vitesse parts wanted

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:44 am

What area are you in Jon and can i ask why you need the rear hatch? Is it because the glass has gone or the metal has gone?

If it's any use to you i have a Mk1 Vitesse hatch rear spoiler :

Might be able to help with the sunroof (electric) and possibly the centre console and dash wood trim, glovebox not sure but maybe and i have some other odd bits of grey trim floating about.

Let me know if any of that is any use? :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

jonn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jonn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply re the Tailgate metal is gone its repairable but just be easier and quicker to fit a better one (not rotten ) , I am based in Hampshire but happy to travel or arrange a courier for parts, would be very interested in the sunroof and wood / grey trim that you have please let me know what you have and prices

Many thanks

Jon

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:15 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:What area are you in Jon and can i ask why you need the rear hatch? Is it because the glass has gone or the metal has gone?

Might be able to help with the sunroof (electric) and possibly the centre console and dash wood trim, glovebox not sure but maybe and i have some other odd bits of grey trim floating about.

That's not a Vitesse spoiler. :wink: Just a regular MK1 spoiler.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 pm

I'll have a look over the weekend, a tailgate is going to be hard to come by though! Hampshire isn't too far away in the great scheme of things, i'd be unhappy about sending the sunroof via a courier and not sure they'd take it because of the size.
CHR15E wrote:
scoobyh123 wrote:What area are you in Jon and can i ask why you need the rear hatch? Is it because the glass has gone or the metal has gone?

That's not a Vitesse spoiler. :wink: Just a regular MK1 spoiler.
It came from a car that was meant to be a Vitesse Chris, perhaps it also had a tailgate change at some point in its life. :?: As i've not owned a Mk1 Vitesse other than that one which was a scrapper, i naturally thought it was a Mk1 Vitty fastback spoiler. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

jonn

Post by jonn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi Dave , thanks that would be great and I would be more than happy to collect (I know what you mean about the couriers) just let me know what you have and we can sort out me coming over at a time that suites you

Thanks again

Jon

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:49 pm

All vitesse cars mk1 or 2 carried a twin deck spoiler. The earlier mk1 was a soft feel spoiler which was essentially polyurethane over a metal shaped frame. They then went to a blow moulded type because of cracking of paint on the ears along with indentations on the top along and the fact there bloody heavy. The other fastback models mk1 had the single deck as you've shown here and were manufactured by STMP in France and the UK. Mk2 had twin deck which was two separate pieces screwed together which was carried over from the mk1c vitesse.

This material was then adopted for most spoilers you see on cars even today because it is Lightweight and cheap which doesn't deform.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:31 pm

rovercoup wrote:All vitesse cars mk1 or 2 carried a twin deck spoiler. The earlier mk1 was a soft feel spoiler which was essentially polyurethane over a metal shaped frame. They then went to a blow moulded type because of cracking of paint on the ears along with indentations on the top along and the fact there bloody heavy. The other fastback models mk1 had the single deck as you've shown here and were manufactured by STMP in France and the UK. Mk2 had twin deck which was two separate pieces screwed together which was carried over from the mk1c vitesse.

This material was then adopted for most spoilers you see on cars even today because it is Lightweight and cheap which doesn't deform.
Thanks Steve - useful to know! :D
jonn wrote:Hi Dave , thanks that would be great and I would be more than happy to collect (I know what you mean about the couriers) just let me know what you have and we can sort out me coming over at a time that suites you

Thanks again

Jon
As above on the spoiler Jon, i thought it was a Vitesse one but obviously not. :oops: Sorry if you were misled. However it's there if you want it, i'll check the sunroof situation over the weekend and dig out whatever i have in the way of grey and wood trim, think i have an early Mk2 827 manual gear lever wood trim which should be the same as the Mk1 and a front parcel shelf wood trim. You may have to sand and revarnish them to get rid of the milkiness on one or more of them though.

I'll have a dig through and PM you with some prices. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

jonn

Post by jonn » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm

hi Dave,

any luck digging out the bits ?

Cheers

Jon

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi Jon,

i've been laid up with the lurgy for about a week now but know i have a Mk1 sunroof, wood trim from the centre console on a manual 2.7 Mk2 and the passenger side parcel shelf - i'll PM you in a mo. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate