wanted rubber seal

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tiffa67
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

wanted rubber seal

Post by tiffa67 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm

hi all i'm looking for the rubber seal that sits on the edge of the 3 piece plastic scuttle panel if anyone knows where there is one going
thanks

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: wanted rubber seal

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Do you mean the seal between the scuttle area and the engine bay?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

tiffa67
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tiffa67 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 pm

yes that's the one

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Rimmers don't seem to list it, i don't think it's anything special in terms of seals other than it has holes in the bottom for the clips that hold it in place.

I bought a couple of lengths of boot seal from an online supplier via ebay some time back, i'll trawl my ebay history and see if i can find it. The same seller has loads of different seals, i'm sure you'll be able to find something suitable from them. This is the boot seal, almost identical to the OE Rover boot seal if you're interested, if not click on "Sellers other items" to see everything they do :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-Cortina ... SwGotWq4Ae

It's not suitable for Fastbacks, just Saloon/Coupé models and you'll need 4m to do one boot.

Getting back to the original query, i found this one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Ru ... SweM1aBGH5

and this one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-La ... SwNSxVQ5d4

Both are similar but different sizes, you'll have to fit it slightly differently to how it left the factory but it will provide a seal. ;) :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!