Top coolant hose for a KV6 engine

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pat5338
Regular Visitor

Top coolant hose for a KV6 engine

Post by pat5338 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Does anyone know who might be able to supply a new top hose for a KV6 engine Rover 825? Rimmers no longer list them and I don't know any other UK suppliers who might stock them, and help would be good.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Top coolant hose for a KV6 engine

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Drop these people an email to see if they still have one Adrian :

http://allbrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=731851&SPRACHE=EN

I know i haven't got one but i do have a couple for the C27 engine. Not the same hose though.

Whereabouts is it leaking as i have another little idea that would work if allbrit don't have one. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

zcar12
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by zcar12 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Consider cutting out the part of the hose that is rotten and join the 2 pieces together with a length of steel or copper pipe and a couple of hose clips. May see out the life of the car. Otherwise take the hose to a motor factor and see if they can match it up.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 pm

zcar12 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Consider cutting out the part of the hose that is rotten and join the 2 pieces together with a length of steel or copper pipe and a couple of hose clips. May see out the life of the car. Otherwise take the hose to a motor factor and see if they can match it up.
That's why i was asking where it was leaking Nick - there's a T-piece/spout in it about half way along from the look on Rimmers (can't remember from the one i broke but the hose was U/S anyway) and i have a sneaking suspicion it's leaking from there.
If so i know of a couple of products that will do the job, had to do similar when the top hose went on my Sterling (before i had spare top hoses of course! :roll: )

Good thinking though! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

pat5338
Regular Visitor

Post by pat5338 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 pm

We had the same thoughts regarding a repair and may well have to go down that route, but have now found another leak, this time from the very curved hose from the thermostat to the heater. That has a "T" joint, and that is where it is leaking. I am trying to find a suitable T piece, but may have to get our local plumber to make one up for me, as that pipe is also no longer available..
I expect all the hoses are getting towards the end of their life expectancy, being over 20 years old, but it is a pity so few of them are now available.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm

I know i've suggested it before on other things Adrian but what about Kia hoses? I know you'll have to wait but you'd have to wait if RImmers had them or you could try allbrit.

The other alternative is something from these people :

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/

They sell t-pieces, alloy joiners, straight and curved hoses, angled and so on.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

pat5338
Regular Visitor

Post by pat5338 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 am

The Kia Sedona was never sold in New Zealand, well not under that name at least. I know that I have tried for KV6 parts in the past through our local Kia agency, the only item they ever said they could get was the water pump for the KV6 engine and that was through their agents in Taiwan, with a 6 week waiting time! (I think that was to allow some little guy in a back street to run one up) as the Stores guy, here, said he would rather fit one made of cardboard than fit one from the Taiwan agency! Same life-expectancy.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable