Mark 1 Rover Sterling leather back seats in FLINT complete.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mark 1 Rover Sterling leather back seats in FLINT complete.

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:16 pm

I have a set of Flint coloured leather rear seats from a Mark 1 Sterling saloon. These are in excellent condition and are complete :

two backrests
two seat cushions
one centre armrest
one middle seat cushion
two side bolsters
two seat cushion carriers
two electric seat mechanisms

Phew!

Anyone interested?
No longer an 800 owner!

simon
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mark 1 Rover Sterling leather back seats in FLINT comple

Post by simon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Will they fit in the diesel?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm

simon wrote:Will they fit in the diesel?
Don't think so. Your car is a fastback and a mk2. These are for the mk1 800s with rear individual recliners.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 pm

simon wrote:Will they fit in the diesel?
These will only fit into a Mark 1 saloon, as Lord Sterling says.
No longer an 800 owner!

STERLING_ROVER

Post by STERLING_ROVER » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Brad,

I am interested. Can you send me some photos?

Thanks
Jason: 1989 Sterling 827 SLi

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 pm

STERLING_ROVER wrote:Hi Brad,

I am interested. Can you send me some photos?

Thanks
Will do.

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Stewart
Regular Visitor

Post by Stewart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 am

With a bit of fabrication they can be fitted to a fastback, As I did this mod in 2000 to my Mk1 Vitesse. I even retained the reclining function!, It does involve stripping the cushions off the vitesse seats leaving only the upright section, then fabricating the upper mountings (I cut these out of the 825 Mk1 Sterling I got the seats from) then welding these to some stock accorss the back, this you then attach to the folding section at the top of the upright part of the vitesse seat. As I recall I had to elongate the 'sliding' channels the top of the seat locates onto so they had more upper travel to allow them to fold. You also had to make sure they were in the fully upright position and take the bottom cusions out, I was going to hinge these at the front so all that needed to be removed was the centre cusion but never got round to it before an errant Fiesta took out the car while parked outside the house :(

All the mounting holes are there in the Mk1 fastback ready tapped to take the runners, and there was on my car at least a spare lead with power present.

It should be possible to do somthing similar with a Mk2. However the split rear seat will have to go

I would also add that it would be a bad idea to leave the seats down for any length of time, as the lower seat pans will mark the leather if left in the down position
1999 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connesieur
1997 Citroen XM TCT VSX
1994 Citroen XM TCT Exclusive 5 speed, 1 of 2
1992 Range Rover Vouge SE 3.9 auto LPG
1985 VW Golf GTI
1975 MG Midget
1959 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1 (1380)

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm

The photo makes them look 'mottled' which they are not. They are almost unmarked, from a low mileage car and have been regularly fed and cleaned and dry stored for a VERY long time. I have a second set which I would describe as Very Good which I forgot about. The buyer can have both sets if he/she wants and has the space.

Thanks
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Anyone want these as sending them to Jason (STERLING_ROVER) in Seattle will cost far too much.
No longer an 800 owner!