1995 Rover 820 Si Saloon ***No longer available***

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1995 Rover 820 Si Saloon ***No longer available***

Post by DLR » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:13 am

EDIT 26/05 - CAR TO BE REPAIRED. NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THANKS.

'Tis with a heavy heart I thought I'd put my "pride and joy" up for sale.

Car in question is a 1995 820 Si saloon. No tax/MOT. Caribbean Blue. 103,007 miles on the clock.

Car is in very good condition body-wise. Sills are solid, filler neck is sound, has never been welded and as far as I can see does not need it. The only slight bit of rust is on the bootlid where it meets the seal by the rear window. Scuttle panel intact!

Interior is very clean and original. Driver's seat slightly worn and dash has lifted slightly, but otherwise there are no marks or tears I can see. Wood is still nice and dark, with the exception of tje trim round the right hand side air vent (but don't they all do that?)

I have spent a lot of money keeping this car on the road. New clutch/slave cylinder last year, new brake pads/discs on the front in September, exhaust is nearly new (cat replaced 2012, downpipe/back box June/July 2013). Tyres were recent last year, but the car has been stood since April.

Advertised as a non-runner as it has suspected piston ring and head gasket issues. Whilst I do love this car to bits I can't realistically see me getting it back on the road any time soon and I have no covered storage for it. See here ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11977 )
for compression test details.

Ideal spares car due to the new parts on it or drop in a new engine and you've got yourself a clean car. Too good to scrap as-is, but again I don't have the space to be breaking it and storing the parts (apparently the garage is for storing anything BUT car-related gubbins).

Comes with a reasonably sized pile of receipts for work done and the logbook is present. 2 keys and 2 fobs (IR system).

Asking price? Got to be worth the price of a new exhaust system, say £250?
Last edited by DLR on Mon May 26, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 1995 Rover 820 Si Saloon for sale SPARES OR REPAIR

Post by DLR » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 am

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 am

I hope you achieve a fair price for this, will you keep the coupe now?
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:10 pm

No the Coupe will be going as well.

DLR
Rover Guru

Re: 1995 Rover 820 Si Saloon for sale BREAKING FOR SPARES

Post by DLR » Sun May 11, 2014 9:11 pm

It doesn't look like I will be sorting or replacing the engine on this as I've come to the realisation that 1) I am mechanically inept and an engine swap is not something I am comfortable tackling, 2) I lack sufficient space and workshop tools to do the job properly, and 3) I am currently too poor to entertain buying another engine and paying garage labour charges for them to do the swap/repair any damage.

Once the Coupe has gone I will most likely be sending this for scrap. Therefore if there are any members who require parts please post here or PM me and I will offer them at reasonable rates if they are available.

(Note I do not envisage this car going for several weeks yet due to other ongoing commitments, so whilst you will get a swift reply please bear with me, thank you)

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun May 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Would you be able to supply me with the wiring that goes to the radio? I am looking for the plugs that connect to the radio unit. I would also like, if possible the wiring that makes the steering wheel radio control work.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm

I'll reserve the radio connectors/wiring for you, Simon. Will let you know if and when I start to break (should be in a couple of weeks).

Sadly I cannot help with steering wheel control wiring as this car does not have them, sorry.

Kengeo
Regular Visitor

Post by Kengeo » Thu May 22, 2014 8:16 am

If you are going to break for parts I am after a right hand (drivers side) mirror unit, so if you do intend to strip the car please P.M me with the price etc. for this.
1994 Rover 820 SLI. Hatchback.

steamtable

Post by steamtable » Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 am

I have a 1994 827SI Auto with the Honda 2.7l v6 engine.

I am looking for an engine sump, decent radiator and front and rear suspension.

Do you have these parts and if so would they fit?

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon May 26, 2014 4:39 pm

The suspension parts would fit - although you might need uprated rear springs if it's for that limo, although rubber coil inserts are good.

The sump won't fit, but I think that the radiator would if it's the type that has thermostatic switches in it (or the blanking plugs for you to fit the ones from your 827).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Sorry but have another u-turn!

Received a very generous quote and New engine to be fitted at the beginning of July. Car no longer available.