Early April - Project Coupe for spares or repair

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Early April - Project Coupe for spares or repair

Post by soundrediscover » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:54 am

This is the nightfire red coupe I purchased in November in order to restore and preserve my 827 as much as I can.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12678

It has MOT until about 25th April so could be driven away
I will add some pictures after the weekend as I will have finished swapping the panels that I am keeping etc.

The good bits relate to wheels/tyres, brakes, engine, gearbox, doors, windows (all work), and the beige interior.
The sills seem pretty solid.
The major bad bit is the wings (which are the old rotten BRG spares I previously had) which also lack the plastic trim.
Other considerations are the now unmatched bumper colour (although the bumpers themselves are in good condition - Woodcote green!).
The swapped bonnet is in good condition but needs a proper respray to colour match.
The seatbelts are non airbag so the SRS light comes on. I have swapped for the grey interior. There is also an intermittent fault on one of the ABS sensors - I have had this before and in current state does not impact on the MOT.
The temperature gauge does not register although there is no hint of overheating.

this could be driven away in a couple of weeks if it is of benefit.
If not it will probably be broken as I already have received an offer for the engine & gearbox.

Let me know if this is of any interest - I would not be looking for a massive cash adjustment.... :D
Rock On!

Ian

cheshire 827
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Early April - Project Coupe for spares or repair

Post by cheshire 827 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:31 pm

where about are you based?

i may be interetsed but if not i have a pair of good coupe wings i'd be willing to sell

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Market Harborough, Leicestershire
It needs a passenger side headlight now as I stole it! (now back again)
Rock On!

Ian

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:35 pm

I added a picture to show the wheels/tyres
Rock On!

Ian

midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by midnite » Sun May 03, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm still on for the anti roll bars ian. also i need a lower screen finisher, and the metal plenum plate cover by the servo if they are rust free(long shot) i know.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

soundrediscover
Regular Visitor

Post by soundrediscover » Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 pm

midnite wrote:I'm still on for the anti roll bars ian. also i need a lower screen finisher, and the metal plenum plate cover by the servo if they are rust free(long shot) i know.
No problem - I am hoping I will get to swap them out for the old 827 coathangers which should make life a bit easier all round

give me a pic of the plenum plate and I can have a look.
Rock On!

Ian

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Tue May 05, 2015 5:54 pm

i can't find any pics ian, but if you look under the bonnet where the wiper arms bolt to the car the plastic covers which fit underneath the wipers, on the drivers side above the servo, is a metal plate under the black plastic cover, 9 out of ten its rotted, but if its hole free id have it.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i