Re: M Reg Rover Sterling 2.7 -NOW PIC HEAVY

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zcar
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by zcar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I have a 1994 M reg caribbean blue fastback that I need to dispose of with just over 82000 miles on. It ran sweet when I parked it up but its been sat on my drive for 2 years and not moved so the brakes are bound. There is no exhaust as it was Stainless Steel so has been removed and fitted on my saloon. Alloys are 14" alloys with good tread, but have been sat in the same place for 2 years. Lacquer is peeling off the bonnet, various places on the roof and the tailgate. It has the dreaded dash lift, suprise suprise. It has beige leather interior which is in decent conidtion as I fitted better front seats from my other carib blue fastback before that was scrapped. Previous owner had had new front and rear screens fitted not long before he sold it so they are good. Moss has started to grow in the various nooks and crannies but a quick power wash should see that right.

Ive been offered a new job 300 miles away so sadly it has to go as we need to move house quickly and I cannot take it with me. :( Wife wants it gone pronto so the estate agent can get pictures of the house taken and we can get it on the market before Christmas, so doesnt want it cluttering the drive up. It was always my plan to return it to the road but time has marched on and the new job means this wont happen.

So if anyone would like it as a whole then its yours for the price of scrap but needs removing in the next week or so else I'll get the scrap man to come and get it. It saddens me to do that but I'll have no choice as I dont have time to strip it. :cry: Its in no way a minter and does need some work to make it a runner but could be good for someone to restore or use for spares.

I cant get pics at the moment as its dark when Im at home but you all know what a 827 fastback looks like!

Im located 10 minutes north of Preston, Lancashire, not far from J3 of the M55.
Nick
Last edited by zcar on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: M Reg Rover Sterling 2.7

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 am

You have a PM Nick!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

zcar
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by zcar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:08 pm

The wife managed to get some pics today whilst it was dayligh. The green moss will power wash off as will the tiny little leaves from next doors tree. There is a half decent car under there, it just needs someone to nuture it back again.......

zcar
Rover Guru

Post by zcar » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Scrap man has now collected this and taken it off to be squished. RIP :(

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm

That's sad. :cry:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Fastback
Rover Guru

Re: Re: M Reg Rover Sterling 2.7 -NOW PIC HEAVY

Post by Fastback » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......... :shock: :( :( :(

Only just found this, could have taken it. Been near flooded and power cuts in storm. Bugger!
Mark
'99 Sterling KV6 Fastback :D
'96 Vitesse Lux Fastback, rolling resto :?
'96 825 SLi Fastback, just waiting. :|
Previous:- 'J' 820Si Fastback, part Tickford
MG Maestro 2.0i (I loved that car, I did)

zcar
Rover Guru

Post by zcar » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Sorry Mark, always the way.....

It has been bad hasnt it. My daughters school in St Michaels is flooded out and so are a lot of our friends. Luckily we are in the next village and Im on a hill.

Fastback
Rover Guru

Re: Re: M Reg Rover Sterling 2.7 -NOW PIC HEAVY

Post by Fastback » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 am

We're still on generator power here, as most of the town is. Of course even worse further north and still on-going for them.
Mark
'99 Sterling KV6 Fastback :D
'96 Vitesse Lux Fastback, rolling resto :?
'96 825 SLi Fastback, just waiting. :|
Previous:- 'J' 820Si Fastback, part Tickford
MG Maestro 2.0i (I loved that car, I did)