2 827 vitesses (maybe)

Moderators: guru, SJG

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2 827 vitesses (maybe)

Post by traineefarmer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:21 pm

We have got the scrapman at the farm today clearing up some accumulated rusty metal. While there he has mentioned to me that he has taken ownership of 2 827s as part of a barn clearance. He knew I was into old Rovers so wondered if i would be interested in saving them or if I knew anyone who would like them.

So I though I would stick a thread up on here to see if there is any interest. I'm not in a position to take them, but to try to save them from the inevitable, I'll get some pics and go and have a look to see what's what and act as an intermediary for the scrapman who says he "doesn't do internet".

Details are a bit sketchy at the moment. I believe one is silver and one is red. I think both are fastbacks. One is definitely a Vitesse, the other may also be a vitty, but not confirmed. Definitely an 827 though. They have been barn stored with the wheels removed to preserve the tyres. How long they have been off the road is something I don't yet know. Both cars have log books.

They are located in Mid-Norfolk and would require collection or could be delivered for a cost. Price for the cars is very negotiable.

He has promised to get his wife to email some pics over and I will go to view the cars to get an idea of what they are and their condition. I will update this thread as I get more details. In the meantime, please contact me if you have any interest in these cars.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2 827 vitesses (maybe)

Post by midnite » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:33 pm

wow this could be interesting, hopefully they will be mk1s, maybe the red one will be tony ponds old car.

lets hope his wife understands what sort of pics you want emailed over though.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:02 pm

If they are 827 Vitesses they can only be MK1s. ;)
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Its certainly the best time to negotiate a price what with the price of scrap being on its backside at the moment :)
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 pm

yeah chris. overlooked that one.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:31 am

midnite wrote:wow this could be interesting, hopefully they will be mk1s, maybe the red one will be tony ponds old car.

lets hope his wife understands what sort of pics you want emailed over though.

It won't be Matt - that's just down the road from you in Bournemouth :

The 2.7 has been changed to a 2.0 turbo though but it has the right spec to be the Pondy car including the 26/21mm anti roll bars etc. A long chat with the owner (who i bought some wheels from) and looking at various photos/documentation proved it for me. There is a school of thought that the original TP car no longer exists, i've often wondered if it was originally destined to be crushed but was rescued somehow and now resides on the sunny south coast.

As for the scrap guys wife understanding what sort of pics Tom wants - oooo-errr missus! :shock: :wink: :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:56 am

If by some some chance I get sent the WRONG kind of photographs, I guess I'll probably get banned for sharing them on here anyway! :lol:
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:04 am

Not to mention a poke on the snout from the scrap man! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Just a small update:

Both cars are vitesses. One is auto with a bodykit (!). The other is manual and standard.

I am now not being sent pictures by his wife, instead I will have to go visit and take the pictures myself. Hopefully of the cars.

If I don't get time this weekend, I'll try for next.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Isn't Steve (Rovercoup) doing a full restoration of a Mk1 Vitesse? He might be intersted for parts alone, if they've been languishing in unfavourable conditions there may not be much left that can be picked up, just swept up! :(
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:17 am

I intend to have a good poke around when I see them for the pics.

I'm happy to put some effort in to help him sell them as I want to see them saved or used to save another mk1.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:18 am

Fingers crossed there's at least one saveable one out of the pair and the other will yield ome good spares at the very least then - be even better if both could be saved!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

xpuffin
Regular Visitor

Post by xpuffin » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:46 pm

traineefarmer wrote:We have got the scrapman at the farm today clearing up some accumulated rusty metal. While there he has mentioned to me that he has taken ownership of 2 827s as part of a barn clearance. He knew I was into old Rovers so wondered if i would be interested in saving them or if I knew anyone who would like them.

So I though I would stick a thread up on here to see if there is any interest. I'm not in a position to take them, but to try to save them from the inevitable, I'll get some pics and go and have a look to see what's what and act as an intermediary for the scrapman who says he "doesn't do internet".

Details are a bit sketchy at the moment. I believe one is silver and one is red. I think both are fastbacks. One is definitely a Vitesse, the other may also be a vitty, but not confirmed. Definitely an 827 though. They have been barn stored with the wheels removed to preserve the tyres. How long they have been off the road is something I don't yet know. Both cars have log books.

They are located in Mid-Norfolk and would require collection or could be delivered for a cost. Price for the cars is very negotiable.

He has promised to get his wife to email some pics over and I will go to view the cars to get an idea of what they are and their condition. I will update this thread as I get more details. In the meantime, please contact me if you have any interest in these cars.
I'd be very interested in both, I love the mk1s.
I also have the means to take them home, so hassle free.
Both cars would be saved, mk1s are just too rare now.
I'm happy to do the leg work too rather than have you waste your time driving there if it's a bit of a journey for you.
10 Rover 800's now and counting.
2x Mk1 827 Vitesse Fastbacks
3x 825 Coupe
Mk1 827 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Fastback
820 Vitesse Coupe
820 O Series Mk1 Fastback.

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:45 pm

Thanks for the interest xpuffin.

I took a trip over to where they are stored this afternoon to asses the condition ans get some pics.

Red one.

Probably a bit too far gone to be anything other than a doner for some hard to find parts. The bodykit is complete and in good condition as are key parts of the interior although there was evidence of rodent damage. Lots of bubbling on the bodywork and signs of corrosion everywhere. Cracked windscreen. Several additional parts on the back seat including head lamps, rear clusters and indicators, condition unknown.

Silver car.

This one is a good proposition for getting back on the road. It appears to be soild (couldn't get a good look underneath) and quite straight along all the panels. Very little rust that I could spot. Interior is also very tidy apart from the usual stored car smell and a burn hole on the drivers seat.

Both cars are an unknown mechanically and absolutely sold as seen. I've tried to give an honest assessment, but my description is based on a 10 minute walkaround not a 100 point AA inspection.

I have been asked to act as the broker for this sale which I am more than happy to do to see them saved, or used to save another Mk1. I would like to see both cars sold whole, but the red one COULD be broken in situ if it fails to sell.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:40 pm

The silver one looks like it would drive to the MoT, pass and then drive home!

Obviously the wise person will renew the rubber components including tyres, brake seals, cam belt etc and all fluids but at first glance it looks like all it will need is light recommissioning!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate