Rover 800 Vitesse Turbo Coupe 1999 for sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Skid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 800 Vitesse Turbo Coupe 1999 for sale

Post by Skid » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi folks

Some of you may have spotted it already on ebay, but I was advised by another member to list it here. I'm getting the usual bombardment on ebay with private messages asking me for special deals and would I swap for X, so I doubt it will sell on there and to be honest I'd rather sell to someone who knows what it is, rather than having to educate half of ebay!!

I used to have these Vitesse turbo Coupes at the end of the 90's as company cars all the time as I was a Rover Dealer Principal, and have always enjoyed their fun and uniqueness. When I had my first of many 75 V6 Manual top spec company car, I really loved it, but really still hankered after my old Coupes. I had so many and loved them. I remember walking across the car lot having got out of my shiny 75 and remarking to a couple of the sales guys about what a great car the Vitesse Coupe was and that they were going to become performance bargains in a few more years. How right, yet so wrong I was. Bargain? Yes!!! So much car for so little money, desirable.......apparently not. I guess so few people drove them it never got into the psyche of the general public as a desirable car. A very big shame :(

I purchased this example 7 years ago having got bored with modern cars, and wanted to go back to this model for maybe a year.........so 7 years later..... ;)

As I own a race engineering company, this car ultimately ended up with a fully rebuilt forged fast road/race engine. It has been lower suspension and the gearbox diff has been uprated. The wheels have been powdercoated and it has 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres about 1000 miles ago. Nearly all tread still left.

More recently the 5th gear has failed as it keeps disengaging. At the same time I also have a track day Rover BRM with a fine and standard T16 engine and gearbox. The BRM needs finishing, plus I have another track day car and a bike project on the go.

Therefore I have decided to take the forged engine and broken gear box out of the Rover 800 Coupe and donate it towards the BRM trackday car (with a gearbox rebuild).

So I am left with a a good looking 800 turbo Coupe Rolling car looking for a project engine and gear box, or a standard engine and box, which I can supply.

The car is in great condition, though not 100%. All the electrics work, the header tank does not leak, and the dashboard has not risen or cracked. It was resprayed about 10 years ago which is why the body work is in much better condition than any others I have seen.

So here is a great opportunity to own a unique rare cool car that can be finished as a speed car, or back to standard. If you have a tired Vitesse turbo that wont pass an MOT, here is an ideal car for you to transfer your engine and box into, and keep on driving.

The registration is on retention and the original registration is T57 MFL, has been reassigned to it.

The auction is for the whole complete car, less engine and gear box. If you want my spare fully working engine and gear box it can be purchased for £500 ontop of this auction final price. If you do not want a donor engine and box, then there is no obligation to it, you only have the car.

I also have a brand new unused (still wrapped) Rover 800 Mk1 bonnett and 2 new Mk1 headlights as was going to change the look, but never got around to it. These can discussed when the auction has finished and purchased for a modest price, if not wanted I will list them after.

All things being equal I would keep the car, but we now have 10 vehicles between 2 people, so unfortunately this one can't be justified any more.

If it does not sell I will break the car and auction the components individually. I appreciate I may earn more money that way, but I'd rather it stayed together as one for someone else to enjoy, so trying this route first.

So important bits you must understand:
You will need a trailer/transporter to remove the car
A deposit is required of £200 on agreement of sale.
If you have questions message me with your mobile number and I will text or call with any information you require.
No swaps or suggestions, I have more than enough vehicles, I do not need any more.

I'm based in Reading and my telephone number is 07802935937, please call me anytime. If I don't answer first time, don't leave a message, just redial a few times.

You should be able to scroll through the images here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182090026155? ... 1555.l2649

Many thanks
Mark
Caymen Vitesse Coupe

gyrobird
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover 800 Vitesse Turbo Coupe 1999 for sale

Post by gyrobird » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:43 pm

I would think you will get the same questions here as most will also be looking on ebay just the same as me.

What was the mileage ? not of the engine but of the car ?

Is that dirt on the front wings or rust ?

Lovely colour, what is the paint code ?

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!

Post by Alucard7002 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Rust on all four wheel arches, cracked front bumper, black rubbing strips, orange peel galore, ratchet strap holding the battery in, mystery vacuum line draped over the master cylinder (boost gauge?), interesting front mudflaps.

Otherwise a great looking car in a rare colour. All of the above easily fixable.

Wish now I'd kept Shitesse and dropeed in the 2.7 & Manual 'box into this :roll:

Good luck with the sale, someone will surely snap this up at the price and location :D
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Welcome Mark! This guy on here is looking for a Vitesse coupé, perhaps you pair can come to some sort of deal?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13937
Alucard7002 wrote:

Wish now I'd kept Shitesse and dropeed in the 2.7 & Manual 'box into this :roll: :D
You don't you know! :shock: I got an insurance quote for Steves Midnight Blue 820i manual as it sits which came to about £300 (£348 comes to mind for some reason) and then i got another quote for the same car upgraded to 827 spec which put a 2 in front of the previous numbers! :roll:
Apart from the obvious engine, box, rack and detail bits, everything else is the same between an 820i and an 827i so i don't know how they justify the difference of 2 grand! Obviously didn't want the business...........
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Skid

Post by Skid » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 pm

gyrobird wrote:I would think you will get the same questions here as most will also be looking on ebay just the same as me.

What was the mileage ? not of the engine but of the car ?

Is that dirt on the front wings or rust ?

Lovely colour, what is the paint code ?
Hi gyrobird

Yes a bit of rust on wings in teh usual places, The mileage is just under 157k, but looks like it's only 60k as in excellent condition,and the colour is I believe from memory called Caymen blue. The paint code is:
JAV CAYMAN BLUE MET 1996-1999 LRC 624

I also saw the R reg identical one on ebay and it would be ideal if someone could buy both because they'd have 1 great car, and plenty of spares :)

Caymen Vitesse Coupe

Skid

Post by Skid » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:35 pm

[quote="scoobyh123"]Welcome Mark! This guy on here is looking for a Vitesse coupé, perhaps you pair can come to some sort of deal?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13937

[quote="Alucard7002"]
Thanks, I've dropped him a line :)
Caymen Vitesse Coupe

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 pm

You're welcome. :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!