Rover 820 Coupe + extended seat base

Moderators: guru, SJG

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 820 Coupe + extended seat base

Post by dollysprint » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Unfortunately I need to find a new home for my 820 Coupe as I am losing my workshop in the near future.
Formerly an Auto I converted it to manual about 2 years ago and fitted all the components for cruise control at the same time, this has never been wired in but its all there except the cruise control switch.
When I did the engine swap all the subframes and suspension were painted, a recon steering rack fitted and new track rod ends so it will need the tracking doing, which I intended to do on the way back from the MOT which I never got chance to book due to other things taking life in a different and difficult direction. New exhaust and clutch were fitted at the same time.
The body work needs attention in some areas which was to have been the next job that never got done and so for 2 years she has sat waiting for me to find time to finish her.
Now with the workshop going her time has run out but I do hope someone will save her.
Anyway some pictures

You'll see from the pics that she has an early interior with dash shelf( much more useful I think) therefore all airbags have been removed, not that a 20 year old air bag would work anyway.She is Oxford blue but the front bumper is midnight blue, the interior came from a 1992 Coupe except the carpet which is blue from a 98 car. The wood has faded to various degrees. Everything to my knowledge works except the air con which was never regassed after the engine transplant.
You'll see she sits on Si alloys which are not good and were simply so I could run her up and move her around.
The car is in the Forest of Dean and will need uplifting, I'm looking for £275 and no grief like the last time I advertised a car, which wasn't mine. This one is and I'm trying to see her saved.

The last pic is of a early Coupe drivers seat base that someone had extended to give greater leg room for the driver. This came out of my 93 Coupe which used to belong to Brad but I don't think Brad had it extended. Ignore the relays and motors as they will be removed for my spares so it will just be the seat base frame, anybody interested?

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover 820 Coupe + extended seat base

Post by dollysprint » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Putting a bump on this and also adding that I have a large amount of spares that also need to go over the coming weeks.
It really would take a long time to list everything but suffice to say I have most things except spare fuel fillers and expansion tanks as I will be keeping these.
To give an idea, gearboxes, 2 x 827 auto boxes circa 88/89 model year, a PG1 and PG2, T Series N/A Engine and umpteen exhaust manifolds.
Wheels, 17in Vitesse, 16in 620Ti and 16in 5 spoke Rover Sports as well as Prestiges for Mk1 and Mk2
Bumpers, Mk1 and 2
Floor mats, every colour except blue, mudflaps -all models, Mk1 steering wheels, black, grey and either coffee or mink not quite sure which.
Exhausts, 820 various years, not Vitesse
Bits of trim coming out of my ears, many electrical parts,mirrors, coolant pipes and radiator for 820 N/A, M series alternator, intake hoses and coolant metal pipes.
Best if you just ask really, everything will be cheap, big items will have to be picked up and it won't be here long, last week of August is the date I have been given to move.

Dave

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:54 pm

dollysprint wrote:Putting a bump on this and also adding that I have a large amount of spares that also need to go over the coming weeks.
It really would take a long time to list everything but suffice to say I have most things except spare fuel fillers and expansion tanks as I will be keeping these.
To give an idea, gearboxes, 2 x 827 auto boxes circa 88/89 model year, a PG1 and PG2, T Series N/A Engine and umpteen exhaust manifolds.
Wheels, 17in Vitesse, 16in 620Ti and 16in 5 spoke Rover Sports as well as Prestiges for Mk1 and Mk2
Bumpers, Mk1 and 2
Floor mats, every colour except blue, mudflaps -all models, Mk1 steering wheels, black, grey and either coffee or mink not quite sure which.
Exhausts, 820 various years, not Vitesse
Bits of trim coming out of my ears, many electrical parts,mirrors, coolant pipes and radiator for 820 N/A, M series alternator, intake hoses and coolant metal pipes.
Best if you just ask really, everything will be cheap, big items will have to be picked up and it won't be here long, last week of August is the date I have been given to move.

Dave
Hi Dave. I'm looking to do some repairs to my rear arches next year. Do you have any rear body sides or arch panels that I could use as donor materials?

Also, if you have them a set of red front mats.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Sorry Tom no panels, if I can't find a good donor car for panels then I fabricate my own although arches are difficult, my black Sterling that I started doing has had to be put on hold aswell now. The burgundy mats I can probably do, let me see what condition they are in.

Dave

deano
Rover Guru

Post by deano » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 pm

I`m still on the hunt for a Grey Mk2 Glovebox (1993 model) The front has starting lifting on mine.
and I maybe interested in some Grey mats , only the thick ones though :)
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:06 am

dollysprint wrote:Sorry Tom no panels, if I can't find a good donor car for panels then I fabricate my own although arches are difficult, my black Sterling that I started doing has had to be put on hold aswell now. The burgundy mats I can probably do, let me see what condition they are in.

Dave
No worries. Cheers.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 am

The coupe looks lovely in that colour scheme
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear you are losing the workshop Dave.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

deano wrote:I`m still on the hunt for a Grey Mk2 Glovebox (1993 model) The front has starting lifting on mine.
and I maybe interested in some Grey mats , only the thick ones though :)
Sorry Deano, no grey trim at all now and I only have the grey mats in standard form, can't remember the last time I saw them in the luxury version, a few years now.

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:29 pm

traineefarmer wrote:
dollysprint wrote:Sorry Tom no panels, if I can't find a good donor car for panels then I fabricate my own although arches are difficult, my black Sterling that I started doing has had to be put on hold aswell now. The burgundy mats I can probably do, let me see what condition they are in.

Dave
No worries. Cheers.
Tom have the burgundy mats, may need a clean but other than that very good, are you going to Peterborough??

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Richard Moss wrote:The coupe looks lovely in that colour scheme
Thanks Richard, it was my pride and joy, long time no hear by the way, hope you are well.

Dave

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 pm

SJG wrote:Sorry to hear you are losing the workshop Dave.
Thanks Simon, me too

Dave

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:55 pm

dollysprint wrote:
traineefarmer wrote:

Dave
No worries. Cheers.
Tom have the burgundy mats, may need a clean but other than that very good, are you going to Peterborough??
Sadly it's pretty unlikely I can make that one due to harvest time. Please could you PM me with a price including delivery.

Many thanks, Tom.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Dave - would you happen to have a set of blue carpets by any chance please?

Tom/Dave - i should be going to Peterborough (got to sort my entry, delayed it as wasn't sure which car i'd be taking) so if it helps i can collect Toms mats and drop them at his on my way home.

It's a shame you're losing your workshop, seeing the list of bits to go is a bit of a snapshot of the loss it will be, really sorry to hear it.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:49 pm

That's very kind of you Dave (Scooby), I've messaged Dave (dollysprint) and I'm thinking hard about any other bits I might need.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5