1998 Rover 825 Sterling Auto Coupe Met Blue - for sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
autofocus

1998 Rover 825 Sterling Auto Coupe Met Blue - for sale

Post by autofocus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi there,

Due to the recent delivery of my new kit car I have made the tough decision to put my 825 Sterling Coupe up for sale.

Car was registered on 22nd October 1998 and has covered 139,000 miles. It has an MOT which expires 11th January 2017 and passed last time with the following advisories: -

nearside front upper Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
offside front upper Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
nearside front lower Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
offside front lower Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
offside front Inner rack end has slight play.

I bought the car in February this year and have only driven it around 100 miles before parking it up inside my garage. It is currently declared SORN but can be put back on the road quickly with some insurance and tax.

It has been used very little having covered only around 6000 miles in the last 6 years (see MOT history for proof of the mileage it has covered).

It has a few little faults such as a drivers side window that sticks down occasionally and a small ding in the back quarter which should pop out.

It is also going to need a new battery as it has been stood for around 6 months and the one on it is very flat and won't even jump start. I have reflected the fact it needs a battery in the price.

Interior is in very good condition with no dash lift. It is grey leather and really suits the blue metallic paint on the outside of the car.

I paid £950.00 for the car in February but as I want it gone I am popping it on here for £800 if someone wants it. I am not prepared to accept much less than £800 as I can always tuck it away in the top corner of the garage with a sheet over it rather than take a stupid offer.
Will leave it on here until the weekend before popping it on Ebay.

Car is located in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire if you fancy a look.

Regards

Tim

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: 1998 Rover 825 Sterling Auto Coupe Met Blue - for sale

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:15 am

Have you tried starting it with a jump start or another battery? A lot of 825s seem to lose the immobiliser if the battery goes flat for some reason.

Nice looking car and i have vague memories of seeing one like it (perhaps this one?) on ebay at the start of the year. In all honesty you would increase your chances of selling if you knew it still ran and also did the bottom ball joints - they are a known trouble spot with disastrous results if they fail and could put a lot of people off.

Also do you know when the cam belts were last done?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 am

That looks a lovely car but for the niggly faults.

I'm a bit confused by these advisories:
nearside front upper Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
offside front upper Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
If there's no room in these, there's likely no fault. I think the MOT tester has been a bit unfair and marked these down simply for not looking pretty.

Everything else sounds like simple, inexpensive fixes. Good luck with the sale.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:16 am

traineefarmer wrote:That looks a lovely car but for the niggly faults.

I'm a bit confused by these advisories:
If there's no room in these, there's likely no fault. I think the MOT tester has been a bit unfair and marked these down simply for not looking pretty.

Everything else sounds like simple, inexpensive fixes. Good luck with the sale.
It's about right for the mileage though Tom - we both know that from our own cars. That said i'd be a lot more worried about the bottom ball joints..........
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable