My 827 Coupé for sale sadly

Moderators: guru, SJG

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My 827 Coupé for sale sadly

Post by Charles827si » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:48 pm
Time for an update here. As of about 3pm this afternoon it was provisionally sold, pending the payment which was made about 8pm this evening.

In all honesty i didn't get what i'd hoped for but an amount close enough to what it would get as a "Scrappage car" to make it unviable to use it as that and it's gone to an enthusiast in Northern Ireland.

I'm glad it's going to a good home and have mentioned the forum a few times so hopefully we may gain a new member! :wink: :D
Well done Dave! :) Good to know the Coupe is going to a good new home and hopefully the new owner will invest time and tlc. Be nice if they join up here too, particularly since it's very quiet on the forum here these days.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks Charles - i hope he does join up and put some TLC into it but even if he only uses it as he's said so far, it will still last him for many years to come.

I blame Faceache for it being quiet on here, people seem to want "instant gratification" for everything these days and go on Faceache for answers. Trouble is, the same things will be asked ad nauseum and no real knowledge will be kept like it is on here. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Charles827si » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:59 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 pm
Thanks Charles - i hope he does join up and put some TLC into it but even if he only uses it as he's said so far, it will still last him for many years to come.

I blame Faceache for it being quiet on here, people seem to want "instant gratification" for everything these days and go on Faceache for answers. Trouble is, the same things will be asked ad nauseum and no real knowledge will be kept like it is on here. :wink: :D
I agree altogether! Facebook is too self interested. And the real knowledge/knowhow will always be on the forum! :D
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 pm

You're not wrong there and when people realise just how much of their personal lives are impacted by Faceache, they'll stop using it. I had an account once, for about 20 minutes. I then found it had attached tracking cookies to my bank account to name just one, there were many more tracking cookies that shouldn't have been there - all "Facebook.com Tracking Cookie" in the security report!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 pm
You're not wrong there and when people realise just how much of their personal lives are impacted by Faceache, they'll stop using it. I had an account once, for about 20 minutes. I then found it had attached tracking cookies to my bank account to name just one, there were many more tracking cookies that shouldn't have been there - all "Facebook.com Tracking Cookie" in the security report!
Strange you should say that Dave because I was a victim of fraud on my bank account two days ago. The bank fortunately blocked the three transactions but I only found out because of a txt message to my mobile about a fourth suspect transaction and then logging into my account to find no money was taken but seeing an altogether different transaction for £1 to what could be a front for a charity donation. And all this in the same day but only £1 so far debited. I have been assured this will be returned and I've already got a new replacement debit card as a precautionary measure today.
This comes after only a month when I had fraud on my PayPal account. And PayPal is supposed to be a very secure network.
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm

That's not nice Charles - someone did it to my credit card a few years back and i had to change my mobile number as well. I'd suspected my phone had been hacked because it was suddenly slow, much reduced battery life, got hot very quickly and so on.

When i phoned the credit card company to ask why £xxxx had disappeared from my available balance, they told me not to worry, i would get it back. They'd already identified the transactions as fraudulent (first one was 10p to Netflix!)and the first one would have been the "tester" for the fraudsters to see if they had the right information. After that it was plain sailing for them. Apparently Argos had a great day (weren't mentioned by name, just a famous online and catalogue shop retailer with HQ in Milton Keynes - doesn't take a genius to work that one out!) but the card company had a terrible one! Mine wasn't much better as i'd planned certain things to use that money for but i got it back eventually.

Anyway, they said they'd had something strange show up when i'd used the app on my phone, had i checked it for being hacked? I got on to the phone provider who told me how to check and said it was showing something strange in terms of activity.

Sure enough i found something there that i hadn't added, did a factory reset after backing up all legitimate apps then a restore - everything came back except this strange program that showed up via a USB link and interrogating the program files.
Battery life was restored, it no longer gave my hands a thermo-nuclear warm up and was much faster again.

Worth checking if you use Faceache to see what tracking cookies you've got, if there are any strange programs in the Program files section of your phone and so on.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 pm
That's not nice Charles - someone did it to my credit card a few years back and i had to change my mobile number as well. I'd suspected my phone had been hacked because it was suddenly slow, much reduced battery life, got hot very quickly and so on.

When i phoned the credit card company to ask why £xxxx had disappeared from my available balance, they told me not to worry, i would get it back. They'd already identified the transactions as fraudulent (first one was 10p to Netflix!)and the first one would have been the "tester" for the fraudsters to see if they had the right information. After that it was plain sailing for them. Apparently Argos had a great day (weren't mentioned by name, just a famous online and catalogue shop retailer with HQ in Milton Keynes - doesn't take a genius to work that one out!) but the card company had a terrible one! Mine wasn't much better as i'd planned certain things to use that money for but i got it back eventually.

Anyway, they said they'd had something strange show up when i'd used the app on my phone, had i checked it for being hacked? I got on to the phone provider who told me how to check and said it was showing something strange in terms of activity.

Sure enough i found something there that i hadn't added, did a factory reset after backing up all legitimate apps then a restore - everything came back except this strange program that showed up via a USB link and interrogating the program files.
Battery life was restored, it no longer gave my hands a thermo-nuclear warm up and was much faster again.

Worth checking if you use Faceache to see what tracking cookies you've got, if there are any strange programs in the Program files section of your phone and so on.
Sounds like you had an unpleasant experience with fraudsters too Dave.
I do check cookies on all apps I use. I've just got a new mobile which comes with anti malware but I've still to learn how stuff works.
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Is it on Android Charles?

If so, connect it to your pc via the USB lead and click onto "Android", "Program files" and familiarise yourself with what's there.

The "program" that someone used to "bug"/"hack" my phone was shown simply as "a." Also if you don't already know, learn how to back up and restore from Google and if it comes to it, you can do a factory reset then back up all your data and apps (the legitimate ones) from Google.

Can't help on Apple or Windows phones, i struggle with Android and don't know anything about the others.

A good mobile Antivirus is AMC - Advanced Mobile Care. It also does clean up and so on, keeps your phone running quickly.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:21 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 pm
Is it on Android Charles?

If so, connect it to your pc via the USB lead and click onto "Android", "Program files" and familiarise yourself with what's there.

The "program" that someone used to "bug"/"hack" my phone was shown simply as "a." Also if you don't already know, learn how to back up and restore from Google and if it comes to it, you can do a factory reset then back up all your data and apps (the legitimate ones) from Google.

A good mobile Antivirus is AMC - Advanced Mobile Care. It also does clean up and so on, keeps your phone running quickly.
Yes it's on Android..a Huawei. I've still to install the device software which it asks me to do when I connect with the USB cable.
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm not familiar with those but the Android OS is similar across devices so you should be ok to use my instructions.

If it lets you! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 pm
I'm not familiar with those but the Android OS is similar across devices so you should be ok to use my instructions.

I'll look into things for sure.
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Charles827si wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 pm
scoobyh123 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 pm

I'll look into things for sure.
:D :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 am

The end of an era! :cry:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:36 pm

:cry: End of an era Dave!
You can say it's been an enjoyable experience hopefully, and the new custodian will have the enthusiasm to keep another rare coupe roadworthy for sometime. :)
Charles 'Yorks'
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
ImageImage

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:07 pm

It was enjoyable for the most part Charles, still a lovely car to drive and i will miss it. I'm hoping matey who has bought it is as good as his word and looks after it. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate