820Si Auto Fastback in BRG

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schuwolf
Rover Guru

820Si Auto Fastback in BRG

Post by schuwolf » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 pm

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopi ... s+Fastback

The two threads above will show you the car and some of what has been done to it since coming into my keeping.

Good points:
Only 47,240 miles
MOT until 19 March 2013
Drives very nicely
No rust & clean arches
4 good tyres

Bad points:
Scuff on front bumper
Scuff & crack on rear bumper (pics to follow)
Bright strips need replacing
Two wheels need refurb as they allow slow leak
Some Advisories on last MOT, which, to be honest do not mean much, but I will copy if required.

The car is far too good to be scrapped, and, as I have said, drives very nicely. I would like it to go to a good home as, in my current circumstances, it is becoming a little impractical to keep.

Looking for c£550

As most will know, I am in South Croydon (South London), Surrey
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

musicalpyramid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 820Si Auto Fastback in BRG

Post by musicalpyramid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

Just wondering if the car is still for sale, and if so if you have any recent photos?

Many thanks,
Chris
1999 Rover 75
1993 Rover 820 SLi

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Some upto date pics Chris:

The last two show the scuff to the front bumper, and the scuff & crack to the rear, as well as the bright trim
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, the ole gal has gone to a new home in Yorkshire. Chris came down today & collected her. A bit sad to be honest, but I don't really have the facilities to keep her in the manner which she deserves. I am sure Chris will look after her. Damn nice chap you know :D
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

musicalpyramid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by musicalpyramid » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Thanks for that Brian!

The car has been a delight so far and the 'certain something' that 800s have this one has by the bucket load.

My 11 year old step-daughter - someone who is obsessed with all things ''cool'' and modern, quickly decided that the old girl was ''awesome!'', thanks to a) looking classy and shiny and b) being enormous :-) Can't argue on either score!

Chris
1999 Rover 75
1993 Rover 820 SLi