green 2.0 sterling coupe S465ETE

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

green 2.0 sterling coupe S465ETE

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Manual 2 litre. I'm sure I recognise that plate. Has this been up before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-800-STE ... 35d3250b74

Milage 148000

kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

pre_pace
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: green 2.0 sterling coupe S465ETE

Post by pre_pace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Yes, it has, within the last 6 months sometime.
David.

1990 R8 Rover 416 GSi
1998 R8 Rover 416 SE Tourer

mossroadster

Post by mossroadster » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 am

Hi, just returned to the site & noticed my old coupe mentioned here. It was on ebay previously but the buyer failed to complete, & you may also have recognised it from Peterborough BL show last year that I attended. I decided it was time for a change & so the car went to the winning bidder in Cambs, just off the A1, the owner of a coach company located next to the Fox & Hounds on the south side of the A1 for those who know that area. I delivered the coupe ( one last drive ) & as I drove down began to regret my decision. The new owner had a matching green coupe parked outside & told me that he had bought mine for spares ( heart sinks ), however as he looked over it, he stated that it was in better shape than his own car, which he has owned from new, and so is now going to store it & restore it over time. As the owner of the company there he has plenty of storage space & employs a full time mechanic, so ETE is in safe hands I feel.

After the sale I kept looking online at 800's, knowing that running a third car made no sense but missing the coupe. Finally last week on ebay a Rover 827si saloon was listed as a buy it now for three days with the threat that it would be scrapped if not sold. The car was described as tatty but with all electrics working & in good mechanical order with a long MOT. Whilst no coupe, I had owned a saloon before, but always the 2 litre version & after being told at Pboro about the quality of the Honda engine by your good selves, I decided to save a Rover.
Eventually I brought it home for the price of £255. It drives well, so smooth & powerful with the auto box making for a relaxed & relatively economical cruise home. The seller was releived that it had gone to a good home & not been run as a banger then weighed in at MOT time. He had bought it cheap at auction as a 2 owner car. He felt that he really wanted a coupe & so popped it on ebay & as a result that 800 shaped hole on my drive has been filled. The car itself is far better than described, but no show winner. Its the classic case of elderly owner who pays for the mechanical upkeep but cannot keep up with the deteriation of the body over the years ( the cars body I mean ). Any way on that note I'm off to clean the car & look forward to seeing everyone at the BL show in Pboro this summer with my 827.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Nice to hear from you and glad your happy with your new purchase.

Nice feeling to save one as well I bet.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 pm

What Stevee said
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997