Green 820i Mk2 saloon J947OHP

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Green 820i Mk2 saloon J947OHP

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 pm

This looks nice. I do like those early 90s cream interiors. They just look solid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rover-800-820 ... 27f38c8b5a

55000 miles

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Green 820i Mk2 saloon J947OHP

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 am

Mark, the seller, kindly showed me this car 2 months ago and I was able to get underneath it whilst it was on the ramps at the garage where he works.

The underside is solid. There is no rot anywhere. The nearside sill is badly scrpaed/dented along most of it's length and needs replacing. It won't pull out.

The car was showing signs of head gasket failure so I know he has done all the work listed in the ad to get it right. He is used to working on Rovers, by the way.

The bsides of the car show feint scratches as though it's been down a narrow line lined with brambles. I don't think they will polish out. However, from 10 feet away, these are invisible.

Aside from the front bumper, I reckon the car is 100% original paint. It is clean and has obviously been well serviced and not abused.

If you are in the market for a car like this, I would recommended this one 100%
No longer an 800 owner!

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Re: Green 820i Mk2 saloon J947OHP

Post by mjc9967 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Hasn't it been said before that some of these earliest built Mk2's had the best workmanship of the whole period lavished on them? It seems to be these ones that you see with non-milky wood and no dash lift. Could be a good un for someone...

Not seen a Mk2 headlining sag before though - maybe an overlap of quality from the Mk1 part?
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k