Big Organ.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aryan57
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Big Organ.

Post by aryan57 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Currently looking for an electric organ, if someone on here has one they want to shift.
1992 820SI saloon.

malcolm_durant
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by malcolm_durant » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm reliably informed my organ is pretty large, but it's not for sale unfortunately...

Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Rover Vitesse Fastback - RIP
Rover Vitesse Sport - RIP
Rover 827 Vitesse - RIP
Rover 216 Vitesse - RIP

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm too attached to mine to part with it.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

paigntonlad

Post by paigntonlad » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:42 pm

oooh behave!

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Thread closed.

Post by aryan57 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:54 pm

Just to let you know that I bought a Technics organ on Ebay today, seller will deliver it to me tomorrow. Thanks for the interest shown by all you big organ fans out there.
1992 820SI saloon.

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

I don't think the reaction from the forum came as a big surprise to you Aryan. :lol:
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:48 pm

plod: why where you exceeding the speed limit sir?

aryan57: its an emergency, I've got an organ in the boot don't you know
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 pm

One or two 800s...

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Laugh.

Post by aryan57 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:32 pm

The reaction was as expected, we all need a good laugh from time to time, thats why I chose the heading Big Organ. Seller just delivered it and it's very big and very heavy. Today of all days, South West Highways took the opportunity to remove the road surface and block access which made life very interesting. Currently, it's lying on its back( Ooer Mrs) on the driveway while it tips down with rain. I need to raise it up (Ooer Mrs), tie some webbing around it and drop it down over 5 feet using the car as a brake. Rover 800's certainly have many uses. Best to all.
1992 820SI saloon.

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Are you talking about an old fashioned electric organ, aryan? I didn't know Technics made such a thing. It must be a good 'un, then.

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind my nosey?

I love all that gear. My wife had a belting old Yamaha organ, which she sold just after we got wed, because we 'didn't have room for it.' Wish we'd kept hold of it, I really do.

I also used to have a fantastic 1981-ish analogue synth, a Casio. Also one of Casio's very first 'sampling' synths. Both now sadly nicked.

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Organ.

Post by aryan57 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:18 am

Yes. As you describe it, its a big old fashioned thing that people find they cant get rid off when they want to shift it, as it does not break down for transport, as many modern instruments do. Weight is around 100 kgs, its a Technics G7 bought from Ebay for £64 and the seller delivered for a fee, with hardly a mark on the case. It plays beautifully, only fault is a F sharp key on the bottom manual needs to have a contact cleaned. My wife had to sell her treasured piano to get the money to get married (What! You thought I payed for it? LOL) She now has after many years a new digital piano.

If you fancy one, they can be found on Ebay for under £50-100 for a top of the range organ that someone once payed a good five to ten thousand for, and fully working too. Great if you like to make your own music and for passing the time in the winter evenings. Do lots of research before handing over the green stuff, as selling them again can be difficult.
1992 820SI saloon.