Bookshelf size speakers wanted

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bookshelf size speakers wanted

Post by CHR15E » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm after a pair of speakers for my garage, so far off ebay they're either too dear or not local enough.

I'm being farily picky, namely sticking with a few models I know and will be happy with though would be interested in anything with a good reputation.

Speakers I'm looking at already are Eltax liberty 3's as I have a pair already on my TV. Prefer black but would take a beech set.

Wharfedale diamonds, prefer the old stuff. 80s ish, have some of those in the back room and they're fantastic.

Pretty much anything made by Celestion.

I'm looking for smallish speakers, no real restrictions on size as such. Just not looking for floor stander size as they're going on a wall.

Anyone got anything lying about? They don't need to be mint case wise as long as the drivers are sound.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 pm

eBay search for Realistic Minimus 7's. I've got several pairs (even one's I bought new when I worked for Tandy).
They're a 40w 2-way, metal cased sealed enclosure speaker. They even did a set with walnut veneered cabinets.

They are great speakers.

I had a pair wired up at the back of the shop and I'd put a pair on, cranked the volume up and told the customer to go and find out where the sound was coming from. Invariably they went searching for large, floor standing speakers.

And no, I don't want to sell any :P
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable