Rover 800 police car on tv tonight , BBC1 Inside Out London

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

George Snr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover 800 police car on tv tonight , BBC1 Inside Out London

Post by George Snr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the update Dave. Actually and unfortunately the Met P161 PYW is not mine! I was just interested in this post and checked it out on the DVLA website, sorry for the confusion. I am thinking of doing a Police 800 next year and just wondered how many still survive, not that many I expect. Anyway photos and any other information always welcome.
George

Image]

Only 42 Rover 820 SLI left!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Rover 800 police car on tv tonight , BBC1 Inside Out London

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:57 pm

I knew P161 is still owned by the Met George and is now at the new place at Hendon i think it is - or was that the old place?

Kates is the only other surviving 800 Police car i know of, that said there may well be more!

I've only ever encountered one other ex-Police car and that was a 24v Senator that belonged to a friend of mine. The ironic thing was its demise - it was stolen and burned out!

I suppose if you keep your eyes peeled on ebay an 800 Police car might well come up at some point - good luck if it does!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable