1993 Owners Manual.

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BRG
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1993 Owners Manual.

Post by BRG » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:28 pm

I'd forgotten I had this. Found it on the floor of a K plate Sterling I was relieving of it's scuttle panel & rear ashtray in a breakers in Paisley a couple of years back.

I dunno, it looks like back then (the BAe days) owner's manuals weren't model specific, just general to the range. This contains info about the warranty, dealerships, accessories, etc, like you'd expect. Leaves you a bit in the dark about where the bonnet catch, fusebox, jack & brace etc etc are, though.
It's much thicker than late 90s handbooks, though (100 pages) as it also contains a handy road atlas, courtesy of the AA. It actually does remind you of the old AA member's yearly handbook. It also contains good colour photos, of the 800 coupe, the V6 engine, a nice wee 220 coupe etc.

I tried to scan more of it, but I can't get it open wide enough. (And I don't want to tear it. Because I'm an anorak.) Sorry about that. Thought I'd share, anyway. :D

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:30 pm

That "portfolio" is a supplement to the actual owners handbook (which tells you how to use the car).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

BRG
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by BRG » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Aaaah.

Good idea, though. I keep it in the car yet, for the handy 'lap size' road atlas. (admittedly a wee bit out of date, but still more trustworthy than a TomTom. I've not driven into a river or up a railway line yet!)

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Another anorakism:

The illustration on the cover; the pic of the 800 dash which is half a photo & half one of those greenish drawings where the clock's upside down: It appears to show walnut trim around the dials. Is this a flight of fancy or did some territories (Japan? 1st guess.) have this?

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:26 pm

I've never seen it. Maybe it was considered at one point then dropped?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 pm

just checked the books i got with mine,
rover owner's information portfolio.
coupe service record, ( serive portfolio, extra service book ),
coupe owner's handbook,
coupe in-car entertainment,
the above in embosed flock covers, also a dealer directory of u.k. and ireland,rover assistance by the aa.
as well as all the tax discs and mot certificates.
:shock: :shock: :D :D :roll: :roll:
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:45 pm

metelmickey wrote: as well as all the tax discs and mot certificates.
:shock: :shock: :D :D :roll: :roll:
rekon thats quite unusual to have such extensive history on an older fairly high miles
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar