Annoying! (From this week's CCW)

Magazine articles, history etc.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BRG
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Annoying! (From this week's CCW)

Post by BRG » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 pm

Image[/img]

How mental is that?

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:11 am

I certainly hope that car gets at least another new lease of life, but I'm not confident.

In an ideal world that car could easily be recommissioned, but unfortunately we dont live in an ideal world.

Everything these days seems to run off certificates and/or authorised papers, once these papers are issued they can seal the fate of a perfectly good useable item. There is no such thing as "common sense" anymore when dealing with government agencies/companies etc...

And because its an old car the DVLA might make it harder for the owner to recommission the car, thats the way it is these days, if it aint new, its fit for scrap seems to be the new attitude these days which has all but replaced "If it aint broke dont fix it".

The Scrapman who took the car should not have issued a certificate of desctruction if he did not intend to destroy the car, scrapman, as far as I know can sell cars if they feel that they can still be used or make a profit.

I remember not so long back a scrapman was unloading a perfectly useable Rover 200 Tomcat off his flatbed, he offered me the car which was in perfectly useable condition, unfortunately I turned him down, again due to lack of space, not money at the time :(

Lord Sterling

P.S - I've used this image of the story on another website forum, would that Ok with you?
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:02 am

Who? Me?

Of course. I knicked it in the first place!

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:06 am

Looks like the knackers yard is inevitable for this car.

Speaking with the DVLA seems to get as much response as speaking to a brick wall

Just a thought, but if you buy a car and are told the paperwork is with the DVLA, it might be worth:-

1. Walking away

2. Holding back some cash until the paperwork arrives
JT

...........Image

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm

I think HPI checks would also reveal whether a car has been scrapped etc

However most people probably wouldnt bother doing this on a very cheap car.
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes i saw the article also.
I couldnt beleive it .Surely sense must prevail. I do hope so.
Youve got to feel sory for the guy This is a car that should not be allowed to be lost.
So why couldnt they have a fully independant inspection to confirm this is the original vehicle and not reconstructed?
Cars are just cars to some people you just hope he can get some one who is interested in saving it.