my capri and tr7

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
simon_rs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my capri and tr7

Post by simon_rs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 am

thourght id share my resto's

1st is my 2.8i capri its ex race car did all sorts in the late 80s and 90s i brought in 2004 in bit of a state and done full rebuild on it its pretty much finshed now

how i found it in 2004

and 2nd is aftter years of wanting one got my self a tr7 its getting full works at the moment going v8 tony pond rally rep ( im not fussed if its been done its just the car ive always wanted )
picked it up in lincon as a tax n tested tatty 2.0 drove it to norwich mate was racing down there and got mega engine fail on way home made it back to lincon before most of the engine ended up on the a1 lol

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: my capri and tr7

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 am

I know the reputation that both of these models have but that doesn't matter - I love them both. I've had two TR7 DHCs - I put a tuned Sprint engine into the second one and it was producing in excess of 140bhp and was very quick (and smooth).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 pm

as richard said both ok cars, i have had a few capri's myself mostly 1.6 and 2litre, had many a near miss while out playing.. and always had a soft spot for the tr7, always fancied a v8 as well.. good choices... regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vito » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Terrific cars, had a MK2 JPS 2.0 in my youth, then later a fishnet recaro red 3L 'S' a la 'professionals', also had a lime green TR7 'Sprint' quite a rare car, still like the shape now, maybe a TR8 at some stage, never say never ............
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm

I've always felt that the TR7 would have made a wonderful fastback - like the Lynx prototype at Gaydon

Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT