Brad - Grand Voyager 3.3

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brad - Grand Voyager 3.3

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm

I won't bore you with the details of this car but I went with Lord Sterling (Mo) to look at another this morning in Birmingham. Thanks for the company, Mo.

The car was on a used car lot and not badly priced . The description and photos on the internet ad looked very good.

The car has obviously been standing. The grey leather was covered in mildew as was the steering wheel and carpets. The car had four different makes of tyre fitted and an ashtray full of rusty bolts. The toolkit/jack was strewn across the boot floor. The paint was dull on one side, there were scratches and a dent in the tailgate. All in all, the garage owner (who has been advertising this car for the past two months) had made no effort to present the car well. It stank.

Needless to say, I shall be looking elsewhere. A shame, as the spec was superb. I have found better cars in the crappiest of auctions.

Before seeing this car, we loked at another Grand Espace V6. That was even worse.
Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brad - Grand Voyager 3.3

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Hey Brad, they werent the best examples I'd seen, certainly not for the money. They could have at least cleaned them up, presentation is key.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:05 pm

just to add to this, it seems these days no one can be bothered to present a car for sale anymore just a few blurry pics and bang on the internet. i have always cleaned and valeted any car i have sold and in 25 years have never had anything more than compliments from people when bought/viewed.

also i dont get knocked down much either which is more to the point. On the voyage issue, way down south in my neck of the woods lots of these are used as seven seater taxi's full of hen & stags so finding a good unabused one isnt impossible but does take some trawling, really annoying though when you travel to see a pile of camel dung.

good luck with your hunt.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh it's no problem. Cars seem to find me anyway. Sometimes wish they didn't!
No longer an 800 owner!