2004 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-CTDI

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheVDM
Regular Visitor

2004 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-CTDI

Post by TheVDM » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi, as I no longer have an 800 I will be keeping in touch in this little Honda section of my own :?

This is the new toy that I am trying desperately not to do anything on, the temptation is there but I know I can't handle the work at the moment.

Anyhow here she is after a quick wash and polish (I say she, she's been christened 'Lucy Love' as it's what I see in the numberplate, I am currently being interrogated to find out who Lucy is :roll:)

Being the EX (Executive) model with the additional sports pack and premium audio pack (no sat nav unfortunatly) it has pretty much ever toy going except sat nav (280w 7.1 surround stereo in its place though) and lazy locking windows (I miss that one).

All the sports package seems to add is 17" alloys opposed to the standard 16" rims, I imagine these are to fit over the 300mm front discs (260mm at the rear) and a bit of red paint on the callipers (they might be something special, but I imagine if they were they would have a name on them too).

The premium audio adds the aforementioned 280w head unit with a 6 disc changer built into the dashboard and a few extra speakers including an 8" sub on the side of the boot.

The EX trim includes full leather (black in this one) interior with heated electric seat operation, electric sunroof (couldn't live without this one), electric windows all round, electric heated mirrors, heated front and rear windscreens dual climate control (there is 2 dials for the climate control so the driver and passenger can have different temperatures set), front fog lights and the amazing power tailgate... Probably a few bits I've forgotten as well!

So far everything seems to work just as it should except one of the back lights on the dashboard so the top half of the rev counter is a little dark, other than that all is fine.

If I get round to doing anything to it (it will happen one day) I will post it on here.
Last edited by TheVDM on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2004 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-CTDI

Post by Manalishi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Great cars! I have as I mentioned the 2.4 ex, fully equipped just like yours. The electric boot is great when it's bad weather. But I hate the rain sensor. Absolutely useless!

I,ve found one weak spot, the door trim starts to rattle when you play loudly. But I also found the cure, just open the window a tad, only so the pressure release sideways, not letting the window down, only relieving the pressure on the rubber mould. Apparently it's something rattling with the trims.
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Re: 2004 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 i-CTDI

Post by TheVDM » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:35 pm

I've forgotten how to open a boot by hand now, no matter the weather. I agree though the rain sensor can be a bit useless, sometimes the wipers go mad at the slightest drop of rain and other times it would happily let the windscreen saturate without even batting an eye. I leave them on auto all the time but often have to intervene the manual way.

I've not had any issues with rattle during loud music (except when I left an empty can in the door compartment and I have a secret interest in psychedelic trance at volume on the odd occasion.

Still yet to do any modifications or work on this car despite a few plans. I do on the other hand have a new set of discs all round to fit on it as part of the service, not much of a modification but I decided to go for the drilled grooved discs, those 300mm front discs weigh a ton, it was fun watching the courier struggle with them (2x 300mm front discs and 2x 260mm rear discs plus pads and packaging came to about 30Kg).
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable