Vito's latest Spanish delight ...........

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vito's latest Spanish delight ...........

Post by vito » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Well not very exciting and more function over form which is very against the grain for me, but it's on the Spanish 'books', it's already got a few 'spanish kisses' so I don't have to lie awake at night worrying about getting my doors bashed in Carrefour car park.
It's a 2003 Nissan Primera P12 1.8 petrol, 75k with all the toys, does 40mpg, cost the guy £1200 to matriculate onto Spanish plates last year, I've just snapped it up for £400 so Rangey coming back in March.

Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Vito's latest Spanish delight ...........

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Awful and brilliant in equal measures.

May I ask why you go to the trouble of sourcing a RHD on spanish plates, surely it would spend more time on the Right (wrong?) side of the road if you are using it to travel to the UK and back.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:54 pm

I didn't source it, it fell into my lap on a golden platter like a fresh paella.

It WILL spend all it's remaining life on the right(wrong) side of the road, but always better to buy a 'known' car from an expat than a dodgy spanish dealer as debts/fines/back (unpaid) tax stay with a car here.

It will spend no time in UK, it will die a grizzly death in Spain, I fly to and from UK.

Not sure I understand your question Tom but hope I've gone some way to answering my perceived interpretation.

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:39 am

Sorry, I guess I was wondering why you have a RHD drive car for Spain, I'd have thought it must make junctions and overtaking difficult.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 am

You get used to it.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:48 am

So you've bought that to prevent the Rangey getting pranged Gaz? Good move and totally agree with Tom about it being awful! The early Primeras were pretty good but those re-badged Renault Lagunas just don't do it for me.
At least you still have the R-R and the coupe so i suppose you have to slum it some time in that Primera! :wink: :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!