Brad's Citroen C4

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brad's Citroen C4

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 pm

I think a Kia is likely for Mrs VTB and possibly the Ssangyong Rodius for ugly ol' me. I know John 47P2 won't be pleased by this decision to go for the Rodius. But it is cheap, mechanically tough (Mercedes), huge inside and outside and a real underdog.
No longer an 800 owner!

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I wholehartedly agree with the Kia choice. They are very underrated. I loved my Rio diesel and have driven several other models in the range all of which impressed me with their quality and value for money (sod Clarkson-what does HE know :evil: ). When I owned a Subaru Forester I also got a Ssangyong Rexton as a courtesy car on a couple of occasions. That was a very pleasant experience too although it could have done with more power as its a very heavy car. It was also Merc powered so I suspect that the Rodius is the successor model. If there is more power available in the range I would anticipate it being a very capable vehicle.
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

The Rodius is a people carrier, sometimes with 4x4 on a top spec car. The Rexton more of a 4x4 Jeepie type thing.

The Rodius is a 2.7 Merc diesel/transmission. Plenty of power in the engine but the car is over 5.1 metres long and very heavy. Result - adequate performance. But what I want is space, cheapness, a cruiser and dependable mechanicals. I have seen some advertised with up to 300000 miles on them as they are very popular as airport run taxis.
No longer an 800 owner!

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Rodius :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enjoy

JT

...........Image

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

47p2 wrote:Rodius :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enjoy

I was waiting for your comment, John.

I shall buy cheap and expect little. But lots of space. :D
No longer an 800 owner!

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 pm

47p2 wrote:Rodius :shock: :shock: :shock:

Enjoy

sounds like a gay roman?
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm

After looking at a couple of Ssangyong's I have decided to stick with what I have already got.

As the weather is so nice today, I got up early and pulled on t shirt and shorts and got me hose out. Ooh, Matron.

No longer an 800 owner!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 pm

The Renault Espace looks lovely. Wasthis the one from 'Yaarkishire'.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes. From Harrogate.

The last major service was in 2009 and cost £2800.

It has had a further £900 of servicing since.

It is a V6 3 litre auto. It has a misfire but, knowing these cars well, I took a gamble and bought it. As suspected, the spark plugs are in deep wells and the front three are susceptible to water ingress. I removed the engine cover and the triple coil pack and cleaned out the spark plug wells - there was about two cupfulls of water in there causing shorting, I guess. Reassembled, ( with a new air filter, two new pollen filters and a new fuel filter whilst I was in the mood and the weather was so warm this morning) and it is 100% again.

All this now needs is a rear tailgate seal.

No longer an 800 owner!

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:25 pm

You lucky sods - we've just got about 10" of snow yesterday and today. The kids are happy about that!

3 nice cars Brad, but somehow I'm inclined to say that strange, light blue one seen in the distance in front of them looks best ;)

Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 pm

I think the weather in England has been pretty chilly today. But not here. It has been very mild all day. We are very lucky with the weather I must say.

The Azure Blue 827SLi is being prepared for it's one way trip to Los Angeles later in the year.
No longer an 800 owner!

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 am

Have to agree with Alexander on that one.
Is the white 2 series in the back ground going abroad as well Brad?
Kate :D

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Yes it is. And the 1984 Rover 3500 SD1 VDP under the sheet.
No longer an 800 owner!