My other car

Non-Rover chat and tech stuff

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wylie_eyed
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My other car

Post by wylie_eyed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Well just for the record here is my other motor, ok not quite strictly non rover but nearly.
not standard by having a 2.8 V6 ford engine where the asthmatic diesel used to reside, makes it quite entertaining especially as i drive nearly always with the roof off :D yes even when it's raining.

and the car that made way for the silver Vitty

9-5 Aero with BSR chip upping power to about 280 but I find the delivery of the power in the vitty much nicer, you were constantly fighting torque steer in the saab.

hope you like
John
Mercedes Vito 112CDi
Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1972 Rover P5b saloon

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:50 pm

One of my Uncles has a 9-3, diesel though. Not quite the same.

He likes it but misses the space of his old 9000.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:08 am

I think with much more than 200bhp going through the front wheels you're always going to have trouble with torque steer. Anything over that really should be going through the rears or ideally all four but then you get the transmission drag.

I really like the old landies, although I couldn't justify owning one.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

wylie_eyed
Rover Guru

Post by wylie_eyed » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 am

Richard C wrote:I think with much more than 200bhp going through the front wheels you're always going to have trouble with torque steer. Anything over that really should be going through the rears or ideally all four but then you get the transmission drag.

In fact Saab themselves a few years back insisted a FWD chassis couldn't cope with anything more than 200bhp, funny how they make cars that far exceed this figure, that'll be GM ownership for you.
Richard C wrote:I really like the old landies, although I couldn't justify owning one.
To be honest I couldn't either until i've worked out it would of cost me £300 more than i paid for it in skip rental alone for getting rid of rubbish. She only gets really used for taking the dog to beach/walks kids for a walk or to the beach and transporting all the rubbish that accumulates with having 6 kids the youngest being 3 :shock: :shock:
John
Mercedes Vito 112CDi
Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1972 Rover P5b saloon

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 am

6 kids :shock: you need to get yourself a hobby :lol:
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

wylie_eyed
Rover Guru

Post by wylie_eyed » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 am

Richard C wrote:6 kids :shock: you need to get yourself a hobby :lol:
Think I've got one, it's called Rovers :D :D
John
Mercedes Vito 112CDi
Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
1972 Rover P5b saloon