Brad's 1988 827SLi

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brad's 1988 827SLi

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Bought from Andy (Austin Powers) about two years ago. Sold to Carl (Dodgy Vinyl) earlier in the year. Now mine again...Structurally solid, never welded and doesn't need it. No leaks or drips. A well preserved early 827.

Jobs to do:

Paintwork all over
Clean engine
Drivers door window/lock swap
Bit of new chrome here and there around screens.

Passed MoT last Friday with a new number plate bulb, new indicator unit and drive shaft gaitor replacement.

Drives really well but I am uncertain about some random sounds in the transmission. Clunking, mainly... I will test it on the open road and see if a good thrash will help.

:lol:

No longer an 800 owner!

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Funny how they all rot around that corner on the rear arch, all mine have been like it there.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:40 pm

That front bumper looks to be a different colour from the rest of it.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm

richard moss wrote:That front bumper looks to be a different colour from the rest of it.
It is. The original bumper was mashed.

The bonnet is also not the right colour, either. That's from a 1991 820 Special Edition car.

That's what I meant when I said it needed "paintwork all over".

The wheels are also wrong. These, as you know, are from 1990 Sterlings but look nice. :lol:
No longer an 800 owner!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 am

Very nice, I was thinking about contacting Carl about buying it off him when he posted that he was "running out of time" over what to do with it.

Again, I have seen this car in the metal, I think I had the rubber floor mats out of it, and I remember it had steelies and original plastic wheel trims.

Doesnt look too bad for its age, and with a bit of Brad's magic it will become a near mint condition again.

Lord Sterling

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:26 am

Lord Sterling wrote: Doesnt look too bad for its age, and with a bit of Brad's magic it will become a near mint condition again.

Lord Sterling
...and with a bit of money it will become a near mint condition again.
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Now for sale.

Needs the following....

Road tax
Respray

And that's all.

The interior is 99% perfect. Body solid, roof a bit scratched from having stuff piled on it - not by me!
MoT'd til October.
Has had oil change, filter change, new air cleaner, ATF changed.
Drives beautifully.

Offers
No longer an 800 owner!