Readily available alternative to expansion tank issue

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3pinplug
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Readily available alternative to expansion tank issue

Post by 3pinplug » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 am

Hi All

Right firstly, just put the following expansion tank in my newly named "Rolvo"!! and covered 1050 miles mostly at 70mph and tank performs well, here's the part number and couple of pics, its from a Volvo and got mine for £10 at my local scrappy. I saw someone else had done this mod so decided to give it a go as my original tank went yet again and I would have been just about to source my 4th rover one!

Part No.9141095 from a Volvo 850, S/V/C70 94 to 98

Bracket to hold it on will need re-doing but it performs well enough at the moment. I printed a pic of what the tank looked like and wandered scrap yard checking Volvos until I found the right one, note there are several different tanks used in Volvo's so having the pic with me was very helpful.

Thought i'd put this on as a specific post as know how hard it is finding an expansion tank and if you do they only go again.

Regards

Mark

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Readily available alternative to expansion tank issue

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:58 am

Thanks for the info
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Manalishi
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Readily available alternative to expansion tank issue

Post by Manalishi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Yes, very nice. It's an excellent mod and mine has now worked in very hot weather all summer long without trouble, so recommended.
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98