The mighty Sterling

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guru
Site Admin

The mighty Sterling

Post by guru » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 am

First of all, hi again, I haven't fallen down a hole I've just been stupidly busy for the last few months setting up a second company!

Anyway I've been giving much thought to the my Sterling, which is still under cover in storage and have decided that next spring I'm going to try to get her back into shape and back on the road. Mechanically she's fine except for the exhaust however bodywork wise she needs quite a bit of work, especially around the sunroof. I fear I'll be looking at quite a bit for that however I'm not ready to let her go just yet! I'm not sure but at this point to get it back to A1 condition I don't think I'm going to have much change from £3k.......which is a lot for an old Rover 800 but given my attachment to the car worthwhile.

Of course if there are any mechanically minded people on here that want a (paid) challenge and want to take her for a few months to do the work please let me know!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The mighty Sterling

Post by Alucard7002 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:17 pm

Any photographs of just how bad it is?

Everything except the actual re-painting is do-able :-)
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable