Shaun's Vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Slamm
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shaun's Vitesse

Post by Slamm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:50 pm

CHR15E wrote:Looks a bit strange not being on your old wheels?

Just so use to seeing it like that.

Don't worry I've still got them :wink:

Just thought i'd put it all back to standard, now where did I put those orange rear lights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Looking good Shaun - have to agree with Chris, it looks odd with the standard wheels. If you really want a set of the original orange tail lights, i have a few sets floating about..........
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 am

Slamm wrote:
CHR15E wrote:Looks a bit strange not being on your old wheels?

Just so use to seeing it like that.

Don't worry I've still got them :wink:

Just thought i'd put it all back to standard, now where did I put those orange rear lights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shaun
If we're being pedantic they're the wrong wheels for standard? :D ;)
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:45 am

I always thought those were the 2.0 Vitesse standard wheels Chris? :?
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Mine is a 180 Dave it came with the 16" wheels, this is about 11-12 years ago

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Aaaaah, yes! I forgot the 180s came with the 7-spoke Roversports Shaun! :oops: I've got so used to seeing Vitesses with the 6-spoke 17s (plus a few others as well like the 827 SLi i owned for a while - far as i know it had them from new, like the factory leather) that it's hard to remember anything else on a Vitesse. :shock:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Small update, finally got round to fitting the mk1 sill covers back on. Still need some work and repaint but quite pleased with how they look with the modified front bumper. The covers are the rubber type and are a bit bumpy. I tried re finishing them off the car but they are too flexible and crack so hopefully now they are rigid should be able to get a better finish.
Also put some new rear mud flaps on that i'm not so sure about. Will leave them for now see if I get used to them

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Looking good Shaun! Those Mk1 sill covers/side skirts look really good on it as well, looks like they do the job of the Mk1 Vitesse spats as well by causing a swirl near the back wheels to help get rid of spray etc.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:26 am

Those skirts are a pain, not considered finding some fibre glass ones?

Not a fan of the mud flaps personally. I always removed mine.

Think you need to get creative and mod a rear bumper? :)
Chris

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Nice work looks neat what are you going to use for the top coat underneath? I'm only asking as iv used 'protectakote uvr' you can only get it at 'new venture ptoducts' thay have a good web site- its basicly what Americans call truck bed liner paint its got little bits of rubber in it, its very very tough and makes the ideal under body protection mines lagged in it iv even painted my entire land rover defender in it! but it is expensive and awkward to use but well worth the hassle

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

That sounds similar to this stuff (needs a bit of scrolling down to find the aerosols etc) :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Vehicle-Parts ... idip+paint

I've heard good reports about this stuff, could it be the same paint by a different name? :?
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Iv used that before dont bother i suppose it alright if you just want to insulate a metal part or tools but its not even half as strong as the stuff iv used this stuff can only be sprayed with a wax oil gun as its got rubber chips in it normally its brushed on you can only get it at one company in the UK -newventureproducts.co.uk on check it out -cant recommend it enough

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:20 pm

OMG update :shock:

Been a while but there is a couple of small updates. Vitesse is MOT'd again (just in time for the rain, salt, snow ect).

After the Gaydon meet I got a crack in the windscreen at the bottom, right in front of the driver. This was a couple of weeks before the MOT was due. Any way long story short my insurance put me in touch with Auto Glass who promptly told me my windscreen was obsolete and they would need to have one made, they gave me a date which was about 5 weeks later :( That date came and went so got back in touch and was told they had just had the order confirmation from Pilkington not more than 15 minutes preveous (oh yeh) and it would be with them in about another four weeks. Told them not to bother and got back in touch with my insurance. They said it was unacceptable and told me to call Auto Windscreens who, would you believe came and fitted it the next day :roll:

Scuttle painted with some Lidl metal blow spray paint whilst off the car.

Got a few minor jobs done ready for test whilst waiting for windscreen, tried the dishwasher tablets trick to clean the cat before it went back on the car, worked a treat, emissions a lot lower than last year. MOT passed with no addvisories.

Have had a sticking hand brake on n/side so replaced the caliper and stuck a litre of fresh brake fluid through.

Old and new

Bought this fuel filter at the BMC meet at Peterborough last time I was there (about 2010ish I think) got round to it eventually.

More updates soon as I seem to get more active on the car the worse the weather is.

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Funny you should mention windscreens. I had a chat with Pilkington Classics at the NEC show and they list the 800 front screen as a "stock" screen, so there should be no supply issues. They also have all the patterns for every triplex glass ever made and can make them all to order, albeit at considerable cost for a one-off.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Good to see you about mate, hope things are good your way?

Seems like a lifetime ago since seeing your car at Sherwood, glad to see it's serving you well. :)
Chris