PRE620Ti's '97 Vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PRE620Ti
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PRE620Ti's '97 Vitesse

Post by PRE620Ti » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:09 pm

No pictures yet, but be patient - they will come.

Got my Vitty from e-bay for the massive sum of £237.35, 97000 miles on the clock, 4 previous owners and its a Silver saloon.

Pretty much bog standard at the moment with the exception of 17" Team Dynamics Diablo alloys with 205/45/17 tyres. It has also had a gearbox rebuild using steel caged bearings and had a new clutch at the same time.

Only snags at the moment are a trout steering rack and the clutch needs bleeding properly (not quite disengaging).

The body work is not too bad with a slight bit of rust on the front nearside wheel arch, the obligatory rust patch on the rear off side wheel arch and a dent on the near side rear wheel arch. The is a few marks, but nothing that a really good polishing session and a new scuttle panel won't sort out.

I have already replaced the standard Rover stereo with my DVD player with a built in 4" widescreen and I have changed the head rests over to my ones with the built in 9" widescreen monitors - these will have to be recovered to match the grey leather.

Plans are :-

Before the MOT and as I have to change the steering rack, I am going to fit new discs and pads all rounds and fit a set of Jamex lowering springs. As the suspension is going to be in pieces anyway, I am going to replace the common failure items (track rod end, upper and lower ball joints, CV joints, steering rack ends and ARB's). Also going to give the components and brake calipers a lick of paint.

After the MOT I intend to do the following:-
Stainless customs exhaust with downpipe and turbo elbow.
Clear indicator repeaters.
Magnecores
Iridium spark plugs
Battery to boot with 0AWG cable, 150A fuse in the boot and 150A distribution block under the bonnet.
Silicone hoses, stainless pipework and braided hoses.
Slight tint to the windows.
Spoiler.
Seat Leon front splitter.
Custom air filter (cold air box where battery used to be).
Electronic boost controller.
Plasma gauges.

I also have a FMIC and a GT-28RS that I would like to get fitted, but I want to strengthen the engine before I start to play with the power output too much - I have a tendency to break t series engines :(

If any body has any suggestions about any other things I should look at replacing before the MOT I would be pleased to know - I would rather take advise now and replace a few things to get it through the MOT first time than having to get it re-tested....
Paul.

'97 820 Vitesse Sport Saloon

Previous Rovers
97 Ti
97 Ti
93 827 Sterling saloon (auto)
91 827 Vitesse fastback (manual)
90 827 Sterling fastback (auto)

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 am

The tyres are the wrong size incase you care?

They should be 215/45/17, though 225s are actually closer to the radius of the smaller wheels fitted to 800s.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

The Flying Dutchman
Rover Guru

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:27 am

That's why I put on the 225's. My speed was 10% incorrect with the 215 and a lot closer now.
Job.

'73 P5B Sal.
'94 220 Coupe
'96 220 Coupe
'95 827 Coupe
'97 820Si
'99 600SDi Classic
'69 Herald 12/50